calorie deficit question

Options
According to this site my calorie deficit is 1770. So does this mean that if i went above that it would turn into a calorie surplus? Also 1770 calories seems like a lot of calories or does it sound more than what it actually is?

Replies

• Phill2488
    Phill2488 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kaliedoskope
    kaliedoskope Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call going over your calorie limit a surplus. It just means you went over your calories for the day. I would say try not to do it that often or at least not too far over. Regarding 1700 being too many calories...you'd be surprised at how easy and fast you can reach that if you are acuraterly recording everything that goes into your mouth.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    what are your stats?

Edited to remove my incorrect statement...
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    According to this site my calorie deficit is 1770. So does this mean that if i went above that it would turn into a calorie surplus? Also 1770 calories seems like a lot of calories or does it sound more than what it actually is?

Do you have the site set to maintain, gain or lose? If it is set to lose as I assume, what is your weight loss per week goal.

For example, if your calorie goal is 1770 and you chose 1lb a week as weight loss, your actual level to maintain would be 2270. If you ate over 2270, you would be at a a calorie surplus.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Do you have the site set to maintain, gain or lose? If it is set to lose as I assume, what is your weight loss per week goal.

For example, if your calorie goal is 1770 and you chose 1lb a week as weight loss, your actual level to maintain would be 2270. If you ate over 2270, you would be at a a calorie surplus.
    oh wait, MFP method already has 500 calorie deficit built into it???
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

If they are set to lose weight. I assumed when they said the calorie deficit is 1770.

Or wait, am I totally misreading this thing?

I am confused.
  • ndj1979
    Options

If they are set to lose weight. I assumed when they said the calorie deficit is 1770.

I am confused.

lol me too …I have never done MFP method ..always TDEE ..

but if you set MFP for one pound per week loss then that number it gives you would have to have the deficit built into it..so in this case a 500 calorie one..so if you ate 100 over, you would still be in deficit for day of 400…???
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

I am confused.

but if you set MFP for one pound per week loss then that number it gives you would have to have the deficit built into it..so in this case a 500 calorie one..so if you ate 100 over, you would still be in deficit for day of 400…???

Yes exactly.
    If you choose 2 lbs, it is 1000 calorie deficit.

(exercise calories are in addition to the deficit)
  • ndj1979
    Options

I am confused.

Yes exactly.
    If you choose 2 lbs, it is 1000 calorie deficit.

(exercise calories are in addition to the deficit)

ok, i get it now ..LOL