Sweating less and less

osram34
osram34 Posts: 54
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Just wondering if anyone has done research on my situation.... Ive noticed that i've been sweating less and less over the past month. From sweating like a pig to bearly a couple of drops on my forehead. My body still feels extreamly hot yet im not sweating as much. I just feel like my body is working lessss...???? Is sweating proportional to calorie burn or are their other factors like tempeture??? any thoughts are welcome :)

Replies

• I live in San Antonio too. Do you workout outside? Do you think maybe its the weather? Its still warm but not as humid and hot as it was. I don't know, just a thought!!
  • From what I understand, sweating isn't indicitive of calorie burn. Everyone sweats a different amount. However, make sure you are drinking more than enough water and try adjusting your sodium intake.
  • osram34
    Very possible... :( makes me feel like im not working out as hard... its bugging me :S
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    I know what you mean. Some people sweat more than others. Heck some people only have a few drops come down and still burn tons of calories. Maybe your body is changing, getting used to it.
  • osram34
    wow nasty typo on my post :) and i hope u guys are right.... i found this simple answer that made me feel a little better short and to the point.

http://www.fitsugar.com/You-Asked-Does-Sweating-Mean-Youre-Burning-More-Calories-1655873
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Great read for anyone wondering!

I do love sweating though and seeing my shirt really wet after my intense cardio workouts. Makes me feel good!
  • Make sure you are getting enough water.
  • Yeah ... you definitely want to drink plenty of water. There are some other factors like humidity or lack of humidity that might be the reason you're not sweating. In addition, don't let the lack of perspiration on your shirt fool you. I've seen people overheat, pass out, and so on without any visible water dripping off their foreheads. If you've had any significant weight loss, your heart and lungs probably don't have to work near as hard, and that might be the reason for you lack of perspiration.
This discussion has been closed.