what is the best xbox game for losing weight

Options
What do you think is the best game? I want to go get one this week and not sure. Reviews say zumba , nike, and biggest looser. I admit i am not a great dancer and this will be my first time doing a workout like any of these would ask for.

Replies

• zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    i loovvvee... yourself fitness? it's old though so you have to hunt it down used, i see there are some on ebay
  • blupanda12
    blupanda12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you have an Xbox Live Gold account, you can buy the demos to try and see if you like them. If not, the store might have demos set up for them. I only tried the Zumba one, but I didn't like it as much as my DVDs. It was too complex during the song, and too much down-time between the songs for my taste. My sister-in-law likes it a lot though.
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Nike+ Kinect is probably the best bet.
  • GuyIncognito123
    GuyIncognito123 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I like the Microsoft Kinect Sports (season 1 and 2). They also have a calorie counter.
    Your Shape - Fitness Evolved 2012 (for Kinect) wasn't too bad either.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Best game to lose weight is the Original NINTENDO....put game in..press start...go back sit down...game bug...stand up...open lid, take game out..blow hard in it....put it back in....press play...sit down.....throw the control cause it's still not working lol
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    I love Zumba Rush, you get a small break between songs just long enough to get a little water & you should keep it handy. Nike fitness is good too but it's too much jumping for me until I get a better sports bra lol
  • DrWhoodles
    DrWhoodles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Best game to lose weight is the Original NINTENDO....put game in..press start...go back sit down...game bug...stand up...open lid, take game out..blow hard in it....put it back in....press play...sit down.....throw the control cause it's still not working lol

Plus there's the calorie burn from the begging and crying!
  • ak_honda
    ak_honda Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If you really want something good, I highly recommend getting a PS2 and getting some DDR games.

DDR Max, DDR Extreme, DDR Extreme 2 are what I use and love.

I tried DDR on the 360 and did not like the songs, or how the game play was set up compared to the older PS2.

A good mat is also a must! I use Red Octane brand pad, 2" foam so I can go for hours without it hurting anything (usually bare foot).
  • rachellemac14
    Options
    I play just dance with the kids. It's goofy and lots of fun.
    I bought Nike. The fitness test to kick the game off was long and boring. I eventually got through that and I didn't like anything about the disc at all so now it collects dust.
    I do 30 day shred every other day - on youtube.
    Dance with the kids whenever they want - a few days a week for half an hour.
    And I walk mon-fri 5 kms each day briskly (I don't kill myself).
    I tried the c25k but I really don't like running even a little bit so I quit after week 3.

If you have an xbox one and a live account you get a bunch of fitness vids for free from a range of sources. Check it out under xbox fitness in the app section.

All the best.
  • chloematilds
    chloematilds Posts: 111 Member
    Options

famicom?
  • thesoundman
    thesoundman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Dance Central is a very fun one, keeps you active! It's a Kinect game.
  • mjudd1990
    mjudd1990 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    FIFA. Mostly because I get way too into it and swear at the television. That has to be burning calories.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    If you really want something good, I highly recommend getting a PS2 and getting some DDR games.

DDR Max, DDR Extreme, DDR Extreme 2 are what I use and love.

I tried DDR on the 360 and did not like the songs, or how the game play was set up compared to the older PS2.

A good mat is also a must! I use Red Octane brand pad, 2" foam so I can go for hours without it hurting anything (usually bare foot).

Just don't fall off of the pad. I sprained/ bone brused my foot doing that.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    All of them. Granted you are able to follow them all the way through to the end.
    I used to play some last year, but for some reason my kinect started being dodgy, so now it's just sitting there.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2012 was my favourite, varied exercises and routines meant I could play for an hour or so every day and not get bored.
    I also played Dance Central 1&2 half to death.. It takes about an hour and a half to play through the game on "story" mode and was a whole lot of fun.
  • smokeufools
    Options
    Yourshape and Nike+ are both really good, if you have an Xbox One then Xbox fitness is 100% a game changer in this space.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Skyrim. All that running and endurance building's gotta be worth something
  • jaenders06
    jaenders06 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yourshape and Nike+ are both really good, if you have an Xbox One then Xbox fitness is 100% a game changer in this space.

I could not agree more. I love Xbox fitness on my One. It was totally worth the money for the new console.
  • AtomicOvary
    AtomicOvary Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    UFC Trainer is my favorite. Tip: Don't go faster than the guide or else it won't track your movements very well. It can be a pain sometimes. Remember, it's all about the correct movements, not how fast you can go. You don't want to break a hip.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Dance Central!! Because it's FUN too!