My weight loss is coming from the wrong area

Options
2»

Replies

• 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I went to try on bathing suits a few weeks ago and every top I picked (size wise) was WAY too big up there.. Sucks...
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10lbs so far. Honestly, I don't "see" a difference at all except in one place....my chest...they're a lot smaller and that makes me so sad. I know I can't spot reduce, but can I spot enhance (not surgically)? Haha. If only.....
    Sure! Its easy! 1.Hold your arms up in front of you, elbows bent upward, palms facing you. 2.Now make fists. 3. Move bent arms outward, and bring them back in together and keep repeating, "I must increase my bust".

I kid of course. I totally wish I could spot reduce, because I don't see a huge overall change in me, other than my top half! My shoulders seem to have shrunk and a lot has come off my back, but where I want it to leave, is my stomach and hips!

Most likely, once the rest of your weight is off, your top half will look bigger again or at least in proportion to the rest of you. :)
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i'm always surprised it works this way for most women; i don't think i gained anything (or very little) there as i gained weight; pretty much the same B/C I was since I was 125 up to 172. Only the band size increased.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Sure! Its easy! 1.Hold your arms up in front of you, elbows bent upward, palms facing you. 2.Now make fists. 3. Move bent arms outward, and bring them back in together and keep repeating, "I must increase my bust".

Ha, ha. I was thinking that too, but it doesn't work unless you say I must, I must, I must... (Is this from Are You There God, It's Me Margaret? That's where my memory is going.)

I don't mind losing some from my breasts, so long as the terrible roll around the middle is going too, but I've just started to realize that I either need to figure out where I put my old outgrown bras or buy some new ones (which I'd rather put off, but that may not be an option) because there's only so much good adjusting straps can do.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I don't mind having lost a cup size, but my face gets really gaunt before my gut pudge budges, leading people to think I'm much skinnier than I really am.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options

Ha, ha. I was thinking that too, but it doesn't work unless you say I must, I must, I must... (Is this from Are You There God, It's Me Margaret? That's where my memory is going.)

I don't mind losing some from my breasts, so long as the terrible roll around the middle is going too, but I've just started to realize that I either need to figure out where I put my old outgrown bras or buy some new ones (which I'd rather put off, but that may not be an option) because there's only so much good adjusting straps can do.
    That's where I got it from! I knew we were friends for a reason! :)
  • thanson563
    thanson563 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

That's where I got it from! I knew we were friends for a reason! :)

LOL....you just brought me back to when I was 12! Love it!