How very rude!

Options
I forgot to introduce myself. My name is James, I've just turned 40, and have never felt better. I've actually been using MFP for 30+ days. Nutrition is the final piece of the puzzle for me. Two years ago my wife had the bright idea to buy a treadmill. I hated running, but I had realized through a training exercise that I was in poor physical condition for the career demands of a firefighter. I had also watched my Dad nearly die twice in the months before as a result of a lifetime of poor health decisions. I want to stick around a long time and enjoy my kids.
I started running as soon as I had assembled the treadmill, as well, I dusted off my Total Gym, which has been replaced by a Bowflex Classic and Select Tech dumbells. I've lost 35 lbs to date.
I encourage everybody that wants to change what you see in the mirror, and how you feel everyday, to go for it.

Replies

• tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    thanks for the words of wisdom!!! it def is a wake up call when you have someone close to you have a close call!! so i'm sorry to hear that but happy to hear you've decided not to put your family through that same thing :) good luck!
  • coastalstorm25
    Options
    That is awesome..remember to try to eat non processed foods as well :) I looove my treadmill and eliptical...I also train at home with my free weights...
    Good on you..it's never too late!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    that is great! I need help with my nutrition on the weekends. i am working out like a dog during the wk and then it all goes to pot on the wkend and i get so frustrated. seeing results physically but have only lost 2 pounds in five wks! ugh! why cant i get it?
  • lexi0616
    Options
    That is great. Congrats to you! I love to run also, and am in the process of maintaining in my new "body". Keep up the great work!

Lexi
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've had the honor of having this guy for a best friend since we met in elementary school. Almost immediately after he began his transformation, I decided to follow suit. He's a big inspiration and I honestly believe I would have quit working out if not for him. For the life of me, I just could not imagine telling him that I've decided to quit. He keeps me motivated every day and I have him to thatnk for giving me a new lease on life and helping me take a philosophical approach to becoming a new man both physically and mentally. We both just turned 40 and we're in the best shape of our lives. This man does what he sets out to do and means what he says.
  • IAmDanMarshall
    IAmDanMarshall Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've had the honor of having this guy for a best friend since we met in elementary school. Almost immediately after he began his transformation, I decided to follow suit. He's a big inspiration and I honestly believe I would have quit working out if not for him. For the life of me, I just could not imagine telling him that I've decided to quit. He keeps me motivated every day and I have him to thatnk for giving me a new lease on life and helping me take a philosophical approach to becoming a new man both physically and mentally. We both just turned 40 and we're in the best shape of our lives. This man does what he sets out to do and means what he says.

That's so cool, man. It really helps to have inspiration and accountability. Mine is my girlfriend, and it's made such a huge difference knowing that I am doing it with someone, even though I'm doing it for myself. Really proud of you guys, it sounds like you're both kicking some major butt!