High Protein low fat recipes for Dinner PLEASE!!

Options
I need some ideas people ..can you help me??
In my family we have protein at every dinner..usually in the form of Buger or chicken...
So any ideas are welcome!

Replies

• platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Maybe chili or a stew... :-)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    chicken stir fry:

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped
    1 bag frozen stir fry veggies
    1 cup instant rice
    1 jar la choy duck sauce
    some la choy crunchy chow mein noodles

in pan, cook chicken with some olive oil. Add veggies, cover & cook through. Meanwhile, prep rice as directed. Add sauce to chicken & veggies. Serve over cooked rice with 1/4 cup crunchy noodles.
  • lexi0616
    Options
    bumping for future reference...:smile:
  • PaisleyLotus
    PaisleyLotus Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bugers, huh? Didn't know that it was a protein! LOL I'm just messing with ya! Any way, I'm not sure if you eat lean red meat, turkey or fish/seafood, but I have a few healthy ideas for you! I would recommend serving each recipe with a healthy portion of fresh greens or whatever is your favorite veggie! :0)

1st one: Baihian Halibut
    Ingredients:
    •2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
    •2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    •4 (1-inch thick) halibut steak halves (about 2 pounds)
    •1 small onion, chopped
    •1 cup chopped green bell pepper
    •1 teaspoon salt
    •2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
    •1 serrano chile or jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
    •1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
    •1 medium tomato, diced)

Directions:
    1.With a fork, whisk 1 tablespoon of the oil and all the lime juice on large platter, add fish, and turn to coat.
    2.Heat remaining tablespoon oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and pepper. Cook 6 minutes until onion is translucent and pepper is just tender.
    3.Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of the salt over fish, add fish to skillet; pour coconut milk over fish and add tomato. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 8 to 9 minutes, turning fish halfway through cooking time.
    4.Stir remaining salt into sauce, spoon over fish a few times, and serve immediately.

Nutritional Information
    Per Serving:
    Net Carbs: 5.5 grams
    Fiber: 2.0 grams
    Protein: 49.0 grams
    Fat: 18.0 grams
    Calories: 394

Recipe Information:
    Makes: 4 servings
    Prep Time: 0:10:00
    Marinate Time: 0:00:00
    Cook Time: 0:10:00
    Cool Time: 0:00:00

2nd: Asian Beef Salad

Ingredients:
    •Marinade and Dressing Base:
    •4 green onions, chopped
    •3 garlic cloves, pushed through a press
    •1/4 cup soy sauce
    •2 tablespoons no-sugar-added rice-wine vinegar
    •2 teaspoons sesame oil
    •1 teaspoon granular sugar substitute
    •1/2 teaspoon curry powder
    •1/4 teaspoon dried ginger
    •Salad:
    •1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin, cut against the grain in 1/8-inch strips
    •2 tablespoons canola oil
    •6 cups mixed salad greens
    •1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
    •1 can (8-ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained

Directions:
    Mix green onions, garlic, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and sugar substitute in a small bowl. Pour half into a resealable plastic bag; add steak and marinate overnight in the refrigerator. To remaining soy sauce mixture, add curry powder and ginger.Heat canola oil in a large skillet over high heat until very hot. Drain beef and discard marinade; quickly stir-fry beef 2 to 3 minutes in hot oil for medium doneness. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.Add salad greens, bell pepper, water chestnuts and reserved soy dressing. Toss to coat.

Nutritional Information
    Per Serving:
    Net Carbs: 6.0 grams
    Fiber: 4.5 grams
    Protein: 41.5 grams
    Fat: 18.5 grams
    Calories: 380

Recipe Information:
    Prep Time: 0:15:00
    Marinate Time: 12:00:00
    Cook Time: 0:05:00

3rd: Chicken with Lemon and Capers

Ingredients:
    •1 tablespoon olive oil
    •4 chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
    •Salt
    •Pepper
    •1/2 cup white wine
    •1 tablespoon lemon juice
    •1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
    •1 1/2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
    •3 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
    Directions:

Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 4-5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet; cover and keep warm.Add wine, lemon juice, lemon zest and capers to same skillet. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 2 minutes, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Whisk in butter, 1 piece at a time, and cook over low heat until incorporated. Pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately.

Nutritional Information
    Per Serving:
    Net Carbs: 1.0 grams
    Fiber: 0.0 grams
    Protein: 52.5 grams
    Fat: 15.0 grams
    Calories: 378

Recipe Information:
    Prep Time: 0:10:00
    Marinate Time: 0:00:00
    Cook Time: 0:25:00

HOPE THIS HELPS! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Love new recipes....bumping for later!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I was just boasting about tonight's dinner on my page!! I made Grilled Chicken Stuffed Pitas.... Only 328 for 1/2 pita, 48 protein and only 5 fat!! Check out my diary for more info.
  • coastalstorm25
    Options
    So let me re phrase...my husband doe not eat salad or any type of fish or seafood..so I am looking for recipes/ ideas that I can kinda tailor to myself (who eats all those things) to what he likes as well.. I know it's tuff...and i thank you for any type of suggestions :)
  • deathbycanon
    Options
    Take any of the recipes and replace the meat with rabbit meat. It is super high in protean and very low fat. Farm raised rabbit tastes just like chicken.

The following came from this source:
    http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/102734/the_merits_of_domestic_rabbit_meat/

Protein

Since we all know protein is important in our diet, let's consider the protein level per pound, beginning with the rabbit. Rabbit meat contains 20.8% while turkey follows with 20.1% and chicken with 20%. Medium-fat veal has 18.0% and a good grade of beef comes in at only 16.3%. A medium-fat lamb contains 15.7% and medium- fat pork slides in last at only 11.9% of protein per pound.

Fat

Domestically produced rabbit meat contains less fat than other meats. Again, beginning with the rabbit we see only 10.2% fat per pound compared with chicken at 11.0%, turkey at 20.2%, veal at 14.0%, good beef at 28.0%, lamb comes in at 27.7% and once again pork has a whopping 45.0% fat per pound.

Calories

We have one more thing that is howling at us daily. Calories! Looking at the per pound measure again, rabbit is ahead of the race with only 795 calories, chicken runs a close second with 810, but turkey loses with 1,190 calories. Veal beats out turkey with 910 and lamb comes in with 1,420. But here comes beef sliding in at 1,440 calories per pound. Not too bad if you compare it to lamb, but where is pork? There it is, coming along at the end of the race with 2,050 calories per pound. (Oh, how I do love my pork chops and ham!)
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Bump