Way Bummed. But Will Start Over Tomorrow!

iamanne
iamanne Posts: 67
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
So I hurt my knee running and have not been able to excercise for like 4 days. I really depend on those workin out cals but managed to stay under goal up unitl today. Today I am sooooo hungry and have too much time on my hands, since I am not working out, so I ate a huge PB&J with a big glass of milk for dinner at a whopping 668 calories. So now I am 102 cals over goal.

So I am super bummed out. I WILL make my goal tomorrow though!

Replies

• millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    May I suggest you try some strength training? You could use exercises that don't stress your knee. Upper body work, etc. Perhaps some low-impact cardio like rowing or even the elliptical (depending on your knee injury). If you're stuck at home, try pull-ups and push-ups, bicep curls with soup cans, crunches, things like that. You can also Google wheelchair exercises to get some ideas of things you can do that don't involve your bad knee. Good luck!
  • "I will try to be the best person I can be today: physically, mentally and spiritually, and if for some reason I fail there is always tomorrow" Chin up, you can do this! :drinker:
  • iamanne
    iamanne Posts: 67
    May I suggest you try some strength training? You could use exercises that don't stress your knee. Upper body work, etc. Perhaps some low-impact cardio like rowing or even the elliptical (depending on your knee injury). If you're stuck at home, try pull-ups and push-ups, bicep curls with soup cans, crunches, things like that. You can also Google wheelchair exercises to get some ideas of things you can do that don't involve your bad knee. Good luck!

Thanks! That is a great idea!
  • nehptune
    nehptune Posts: 138
    swimming is great too!
    it burns a ton of calories without putting any stress on your joints...

don't worry about one bum day, tomorrow is a new day and you'll be just a bit more motivated to stick to it then!
  • Theoretically, you could also do strength training with just one leg on some machines ;)
  • water aerobics is also an excellent alternative for low impact cardio training!!! i go every week on Saturday to take a break from my high impact running! its awesome!
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    yep, just remember tomorrow is always a brand new day! i ate way too much halloween candy yesterday and was a bit mad at myself but today i just told myself, its a fresh start. and aren't we glad to be able to have a new day:)
This discussion has been closed.