No olive oil greek salad!

Options
I love greek salad, but I don't have it that often because the olive oil really adds a lot of calories (119 per Tbsp, to be exact). But today it dawned on me to try it just with the white wine vinegar and oregano and it was delicious! I get all the flavor of the greek salad, for a mere 108 calories per serving! It's so obvious now that I've tried it. Anyway, thought I would share that in case anyone else loves greek salad like me :)

Replies

• carlajp18
    carlajp18 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love greek salad and can't wait to try your suggestion!:happy:
  • FavDaughter1
    Options
    Not a big Greek salad fan, but olive oil doesn't scare me. It's a "good" fat, which your body needs, so I just have it in moderation. I would maybe cut it in half so you get the benefits, but only half the calories.
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    Extra virgin olive oil is the best... too bad you took it out :( you can drink it, it's that good for you!
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I know olive oil is a good fat, and I won't be cutting it out entirely, that's for sure. I enjoy it too much. I was just quite amazed at how much of the 'greek' flavor was retained by using just the vinegar by itself. :)
  • melonia
    Options
    What a great idea, we love greek salad. Now I just have to convince hubbie to try it....