The Green Eyed Monster

Options
2»

Replies

• Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    I first started losing weight back last Fall. At the time my parents were going threw a real hard time so I had moved back to the state and was currently living with them. It was my step-sliblings who were the green-eyed monsters. Mostly due to jealousy i assume. They went and told my parnets and no telling who esle that I was on meth. My parents of coarse knew better since I was living with them and saw the work and effort i put into my wieght loss.
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Instead of refusing to partake in office donuts, pot lucks, etc, what about trying to put the burden back on the accuser? Suggest that instead of donuts a healthy snack or fruit is bought for everyone. For pot lucks, bring a healthy dish to share. This only removes their ammunition and put the onus on THEM (the haters). Perhaps it will also open their eyes as to what they are exactly saying to you.
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    8 sizes down is phenomenal:flowerforyou: Well done. That is amazing.
    Jealousy is a nasty emotion. You should feel pity for the people who are saying these things to you.
    And keep on with what you are doing, you are awesome.
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I dont eat my lunch in the break room with everyone else.
    If someone leaves free junk food in the break room, I will either throw it in the freezer or garbage.
    My health has made me an outsider. I dont care what people think of me. I am healthier then I have been in years.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    i don't eat in the lunch room either...people think it's weird, but i just told them i REALLY like to read on my lunch breaks, and also it's easier to answer the phones (which i don't have to do on my break but it makes them happy, and it's sitting right next to me)...that way people don't pick apart what i'm eating, and i'm not tempted by their large amount of junk
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I mentioned this is a thread yesterday. I had two coworkers ask three times if I was going to have flan cake. I don't get outward haters, so I wouldn't say that. It's was just odd.
  • trejon
    trejon Posts: 203
    Options
    Thanks so much for helping me make haterade! It is tough when the people that attack you the most are people that you trust and had on your friends list. Yes I have been accused of being on drugs, a secret surgery, always seen in GNC, and even an eating disorder. The only eating disorder that I have is that i LOVE TO ORDER DIS food!

You guys are the real friends and yet you are strangers :love: . That is why I love this site.
  • rundgrenfan
    Options
    Your post makes me realize that I was one of those haters. Like that story about the bucket of crabs grabbing each other so they are all miserable in the bottom of the bucket...I feel bad about that now because my friends were so great to me today when I didn't want a slice of another friend's birthday cake that I had made for her (and not tasted, because it was just a cake mix and not worth the "cost") -- they just asked once and said "okay, cool" when I said no thanks. I guess I'm pretty lucky -- they have all been going through their own journeys, too, and totally get that I'm serious about this.
  • FlashBang
    FlashBang Posts: 136
    Options
    I say enjoy your success! But make sure you are engaging in well rounded conversations. Meaning, people do get tired of talking about weightloss every single day at the lunch table. I've experienced first hand from someone who got the lapband. I want to be supportive but it would be nice if we talked about other things too.

So my advice is make sure you are still a good friend, listener, coworker, etc. And enjoy your success, you've earned it!!

BTW, my personal pet peeve is when we are still at the dinner table and the mobile app is on so my gf can log her calories. I'm like we are still eating! geez! LOL I log calories when I'm done with my food thank you very much. :wink:

Very good advice.

You could also try to use other excuses. Donuts give me heart burn, no one encourages me to eat stuff that makes me hurt. "I really, really, wish I could eat that but since I developed, [insert life threatening, debilitating, illness] I just can't do it." Who tells a diabetic to eat sugar?