feet hurtin!!

Options
why is it that when i workout the arch of my feet are hurting so bad today is day 3 of me doing insanity and the arch of my feet hurt so bad till they were burning ,I had to take my shoes off it was so bad do I need new shoes I have some new balance and I got them alittle bigger just so I could have some extra room should I tape my arch ? please help me!!!

Replies

• msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    The only things that I can think of are that either the arch isn't hitting in the right place because they're too big, they've been laced to tightly (to keep them on) or they're not laced enough so you're gripping with them toesies to keep the shoe on. It's deffinately wortth the effort to get properly fitted for a shoe,.. :drinker:
  • HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above, she has a point about new shoes - I desperately need new shoes as I've been using my cross-trainers to run with, in a bid to avoid paying hundreds for decent ones - but it's becoming painfully (literally) clear that my arches have been suffering after training! Time to fork out for properly fitted shoes, sigh.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Just a heads up... it doesn't cost ANYTHING to go to a running store and get fitted properly- you can then take that knowledge and pick up a GREAT pair of running shoes for under $100. My personal favorites are Saucony's I just picked up a pair for $55. You can get fitted for New Balance (saw several pair for under $75), Nike, Asic (easily found under $100), etc. Just don't let a brand name or color make the decision for you let the feel of the shoe and the support do the decision making. A good running shoe feels like some for the tootsies.. :drinker:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Some good Polysorb insoles should help that problem.
  • Roughgalaxy
    Roughgalaxy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My feet cramp up really bad during insanity, I feel like it may be a good idea to stretch your feet and warm them up before starting the video so it isn't such a shock on them, also, hydration, and potassium levels can effect soreness/cramping. I know my feet cramp more if I don't drink enough before hand,
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Do you curl your toes...I know that seems like a weird thing, but someone had me do this exercise. Point your foot (like you would for a stretch etc), and if you point with your toes so that they actually curl further down than the top of your foot (like your trying to point so far that your toes touch your heels lol), then your actually straining your arch. I do that a lot when I work out, for some reason I curve my food like that every time I I have to do some kind move that points your foot...I've also done that toe grabby with the shoes if they weren't on right...which also made my arches ache very bad. I have lots of "feet" issues, its hard for me to find good work out shoes because everything makes my feet cramp up. :o/