Awesome Recipe!

kimjoan
kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
So, I just couldn't do salad, fish or chicken tonight - been forever since I had a good piece of beef and I found an awesome recipe - 244 calories a serving and super yummy!

Beef Tenderloin Steaks w/Red Wine-Mushroom Sauce

4 4-oz beef tenderloian steaks, trimmed
salt
pepper
butter-flavored cooking spray
8 oz sliced baby portobello mushrooms
1 shallot, chopped
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary

1. Healt a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Season steaks with salt and pepper, coat with cooking spray. Add steaks to pan and cook 4 minutes on each side (this is for medium doneness). Transfer steaks to plate and keep warm.

2. Add mushrooms, rosemary and shallots to pan and coat with cooking spray; saute 3-4 minutes or until browned. Stir in wine scraping bottom to loosed browned bits from the meat and mushrooms. Cook until liquid almost evaporates. Remove pan from heat and add butter stirring in until it melts. Spoon over steaks.

FYI - served brown rice and asparagus with the steaks and put some of the mushroom wine sauce over both -yum! : )

Replies

• Sounds great =)
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Okay, how weird is this? I was just now searching the internet for a tenderloin recipe! Thank you!
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    I hate to ask stupid quesitons but how much red wine? This sounds great! Though I have a small flat iron steak i'm gonna try it with instead:happy:
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Whoops - a very good question actually since I omitted the red wine in the ingredient list...

1 cup red wine
This discussion has been closed.