I am looking at starting the HCG diet drops. ANy suggestions

Options
I have a friend who has started taking the HCG drops 3 times a day and has dropped weight and loves it. I am not sure. ANy suggestions??

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    try MFP first. Keeping track of your calories and exercising really does work, and it is 100% safe and very effective. I'd recommend you re-think the drugs, you don't need them, and it may be harmful to you.
  • joannasamples
    Options
    I just finished my first go with HCG.....started Labor Day weekend; have lost 30 pounds as of this morning. the diet is restrictive, but I really didn't think it was bad. I was only hungry twice in the 45 day program. I figure I can do about anything for a short amount of time. Am planning on doing another round right after Thanksgiving. I'm a big fan! we did the drops 6 times a day.
  • kry5741
    Options
    I did them and lost 10lbs in 20 days!.. Just stick to the plan, and really it's not that bad, and I was rarely hungry :)
  • jmcclos1
    Options
    What is the plan and how do you get the drops.... Is it through a doctor?:smile:
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    All I can say here we go again. Often thinking of short cuts while running from work. :grumble: :angry: :sick: :huh:

We gain weight over time and expect to lose it over night.

Slow and steady supports the learning process and sustained weight loss planning.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    All I can say here we go again. Often thinking of short cuts while running from work. :grumble: :angry: :sick: :huh:

Slow and steady supports the learning process and sustained weight loss planning.

amen. I know a few people that have done it and expect that they can go back to life as usual or have no game plan for when it's over. At least on of the three that just finished is ALREADY gaining weight back... Teach yourself better eating habits and stop looking for the quick fix. Drops, pills, injections etc... aren't going to change your life. Doing it right will. **steps off soapbox**
  • azmomof2
    azmomof2 Posts: 714 Member
    Options

All I can say is here we go again as well lol if you don't agree with it try not causing another negative thread because you are quite good at that and I'm thinking it's nothing to be proud of. To each his own. Many of us have done well and have not been harmed and on top of that are now living healthier and exercising because of this diet. So to the OP and others who use hcg please visit and join our group grok posted the link we'd all love to support and motivate you! Oh and for the post below yours duh...if you go back to your original unhealthy ways of course you are going to gain the weight back that is a no brainer.

K I'm done have at it :)
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

amen. I know a few people that have done it and expect that they can go back to life as usual or have no game plan for when it's over. At least on of the three that just finished is ALREADY gaining weight back... Teach yourself better eating habits and stop looking for the quick fix. Drops, pills, injections etc... aren't going to change your life. Doing it right will. **steps off soapbox**

What neither of you are realizing is that with the HCG plan you WILL keep the weight off and it is not a quick fix.

It makes you confront food and the choices you make and you see first hand how those foods affect your body.

By posting the uneducated comments that these 2 comments clearly are, shows you still have done NO research on this plan and what it is intended to do.

If you come over and witness the people in our group that ARE maintaining their weight loss because they HAVE changed the way they eat and the change is permanent...........

Just give your snide comments a rest. I refuse to engage in battle with unarmed people.

My doctor put me on this plan because of the HIGH success rate she has had in the past with her other patients.
  • bmorlock
    Options
    First time posting on here, Hello everyone. I have been an avid runner for few years. If possible start walking then ease yourself into jogging and just eat healthy and you should notice a huge difference.
  • Grokette
    Options
    First time posting on here, Hello everyone. I have been an avid runner for few years and personally talking to people that take the quick route it seems to always come back to haunt them. Good example is the Atkins diet. If possible start walking then ease yourself into jogging and just eat healthy. I wouldnt recommend doing the quick and easy drug route, will probably hurt you more in the long run.

The Atkins Plan is not a Diet, it is a lifestyle change and it is not an easy way out either. It is another plan that helps you to confrotn foods and how they affect your body.

Please stop bashing what you have no clue about.
  • bmorlock
    Options
    Your fast I actually rethougt what I posted and before I could edit it you posted dont be so defensive. GEEZ!
  • Grokette
    Options
    Your fast I actually rethougt what I posted and before I could edit it you posted dont be so defensive. GEEZ!

I am not being defensive, just being honest and talking straight forward, just like I would do if you were in my face. The internet does not change me and how I interact with people.

I strongly dislike when people speak out on topics they have no clue about.

If you have not read and researched all 4 phases of Atkins or even the HCG plan, understand how you add the foods back in checking to see how those foods react with your own body, then I don't feel people should speak on a topic they have no clue about.

I don't speak about topics that I don't know anything about beforehand.
  • marincasiu
    Options
    I just finished day 2 (loading) and am on day 3. I have a question or two:

1) how much of the vegetable can I have? Say it is cucumber... is it 1/2 cup, 3/4 cup, or what?
    2) when I put the 100 g meat, 3/4 c cucumber, melba toast, and apple into the fitnesspal cal. counter it says 356 for just lunch and 2 cups of coffee... well, when I do it again for dinner I am going to bust 500 limit. So what is the deal?
    3) I have seen directions that say take drops 3 x per day or take 1/2cc twice/day (mamaclok)... what did you do?
    4) I am doing the 23 day on then 23 days off. During the off time, can I drink wine or alcohol? Im going to cheat on Thanksgiving day if so.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options

:sick: :frown: :embarassed: :huh: :noway: :indifferent:
  • Grokette
    Options

1) how much of the vegetable can I have? Say it is cucumber... is it 1/2 cup, 3/4 cup, or what?
    2) when I put the 100 g meat, 3/4 c cucumber, melba toast, and apple into the fitnesspal cal. counter it says 356 for just lunch and 2 cups of coffee... well, when I do it again for dinner I am going to bust 500 limit. So what is the deal?
    3) I have seen directions that say take drops 3 x per day or take 1/2cc twice/day (mamaclok)... what did you do?
    4) I am doing the 23 day on then 23 days off. During the off time, can I drink wine or alcohol? Im going to cheat on Thanksgiving day if so.

I always eat at least a whole cucumber, which is only like 40 or 50 calories for a whole one!! Drizzled with Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar, divine!!!

I eat at least a half head of lettuce at a sitting..

The veggies on the list are so low calorie, you can eat and eat and eat them..............

Come and join us in the forum link above. We are a great group of people that are supporting each other through all of our ups and downs.
  • spicy618
    Options

Unless you want to be scarred (sp) the heck outta ever posting again :laugh: . Just go to the link below. :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/125920-hcg-progress-updates-page-2-for-people-on-it-or-thinking-a?page=5#posts-1724506
  • marincasiu
    Options
    First, you have to read Dr. Simeon book Pounds and Inches to really know what this is about. I have been thinking about this for a year before deciding it was right for me.

While doing the research, I ran across Mamaclok on UTube... very helpful advice on how to do the plan on your own, how to order the hcg, how to prepare the meals, and other resources.

I also spoke to my family physician, and looked into a local dr. that does hcg injections but they were really expensive and in talking to others I decided to order mine on line. I ordered from a different pharm. though.

hope that helps...
  • spicy618
    Options
    First, you have to read Dr. Simeon book Pounds and Inches to really know what this is about. I have been thinking about this for a year before deciding it was right for me.

While doing the research, I ran across Mamaclok on UTube... very helpful advice on how to do the plan on your own, how to order the hcg, how to prepare the meals, and other resources.

I also spoke to my family physician, and looked into a local dr. that does hcg injections but they were really expensive and in talking to others I decided to order mine on line. I ordered from a different pharm. though.

hope that helps...

:drinker: :bigsmile: :happy: :flowerforyou: :love:
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options

hope that helps...

Mamaclok caught a cyber-stalker and pulled everything down from YouTube and eBay. There are others that can help though.

As far as HCG success, every last ounce I've lost as tracked in my signature came from the Simeons HCG Protocol. I just finished my doses for Round 2 Phase 2 yesterday.