Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Acia

I had to stop the Meridia because the doc wont prescribe it any more. The are taking it off the market. There is nothing else the doc will givce me for weight loss. So i picked up some acia berry pills for the 14 day cleanse....i want to see if it really works!

Replies

• precioustypeoflove
    precioustypeoflove Posts: 197 Member
    i wouldnt take pills if i were u the weight will stay off better if u lose it on ur own and those pills are crap i took them for 3 days and gained a pound
  • haleighallen
    haleighallen Posts: 209 Member
    Pills aren't going to help you.
    Yeah, sure, you may lose the weight initially, but you will inevitably gain it all back..
    And possibly more if you don't learn how to take care of your body the RIGHT way.

I've been there, done that.

There is no easy way out.
    There is no magic pill.
    Nor is there a miracle surgery.
    All there is is hard work, dedication, discipline and sweat.
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    I had to stop the Meridia because the doc wont prescribe it any more. The are taking it off the market. There is nothing else the doc will givce me for weight loss. So i picked up some acia berry pills for the 14 day cleanse....i want to see if it really works!

I would be interested in seeing if they work.. please keep me updated..

Everyones journey is different.. some people may need help to kick start their weight loss tho.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    :bigsmile: the good news is they ar full of vitamin C and antioxidants.

The bad news is, that's all they can claim. :grumble:

Welcome to MFP, which does really work!!!
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member

I tried an Acai berry pill... wasn't a "cleanse" one but I got a "free" (only it wasn't) month's worth. Didn't finish the bottle. I definitely did not lose as much weight as it claimed I would. However, I did lose a LITTLE bit more than I had been losing per month when I was taking them. Now, do I attribute that to the pills? No, not necessarily. It was the summer time so I had a lot more time to work out, which I wasn't doing very regularly during the semester when I was working, I had entered into a weight loss contest so I had even more motivation, and I had just finally bought a kitchen scale so I was actually weighing my foods. There is also the possibility of the placebo effect.

Overall, I think it is a waste of money. I didn't have any negative side effects, but it didn't give me more energy and it didn't necessarily help me lose weight. I wouldn't buy them again.

Honestly, THIS is the best way to lose weight- this website. Keep track of what you eat and be honest about it. Try to eat better foods and add exercise into your diet. Pills and all of that just aren't worth it, they do have risks, including the risk of not working and you being upset/disappointed/discouraged and the risk of you gaining the weight back after you lost it.
  • Brat3073
    Brat3073 Posts: 160

I would be interested in seeing if they work.. please keep me updated..

Everyones journey is different.. some people may need help to kick start their weight loss tho.

i will keep you posted. I know the stuff from the store is usually a waste, but im only doing it to see if they actually work. You hear so much about it and there are so many different companies putting it out there. I did see a discussion board on some of the colon cleans stuff being used as a jump start for weight loss.....and they say it helps.....so im going to do the 14 days and see what it get me. I eat really good and work my *kitten* off at Curves, and i teach a exercise class on wednesdays at my church.....so we will see what happens....should be interesting!
  • Brat3073
    i do do all the weighing my food and eating right, i follow the Curves weight management diet, work out. This is more or less just to see what it does so that when im asked about it, i can honestly say what it does, not start with "well, i have heard" i will know first hand.
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    It doesn't do anything more than what taking a vitamin c (or getting vitamin c in its natural form), drinking lots of water, eating a balanced diet, and getting enough sleep would do.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    This is more or less just to see what it does so that when im asked about it, i can honestly say what it does, not start with "well, i have heard" i will know first hand.

First of all, that is completely irrational. You're really willing to experiment with your health and well-being just to have first hand knowledge? Are you willing to do acid too? So that if somebody asks you what happens when you do acid, you can tell them what you know first hand instead of what you've heard? Wow.

And it is not true, you know. You won't ACTUALLY know what it does, even if you take the pill. If you are tracking what you eat, eating healthy, and exercising (Curves or whatever), you can't attribute weight loss to the pill. Even if you DO lose more weight, you can't say that it was necessarily because of the pills. Could be a million other things. Maybe you were working out harder than usual without realizing it. Maybe you were eating healthier than usual. Maybe you had to walk more than usual for some reason. Etc. etc. etc. And one person's experience does not a true conclusion make.

Shall I list the fallacies?

Post hoc ergo proper hoc
    Hasty generalization
    Unrepresentative sample
    Gambler's fallacy
    Anecdotal evidence

...I could go on, but I won't.
  • Brat3073
    as for the acid....been there done that, yeah i know what acid does....interested in hearing?
    [/quote]

Are you willing to do acid too? So that if somebody asks you what happens when you do acid, you can tell them what you know first hand instead of what you've heard? Wow.

Post hoc ergo proper hoc

[/quote]
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    I guess I don't understand why you'd buy a supplement to cleanse your colon when your body does a fine job of it on its own given proper nutrition, hydration, and rest.

Also, most "jump starts" are usually nothing more than water weight loss. Slow, healthy & sustainable losses are the best approach, but you probably know that. I

On a personal note, if I wanted to use acia for the reported health benefits, I'd probably use it in it's most
    pure and natural form, and that would be the actual berry. When it comes to supplements, there's really no regulation so you have no idea how much of the ingredient is in the pill.

"I know the stuff at the store is usally a waste" is quite telling, don'tcha think? If it were me, I'd counsel proper nutrition, hydration, and sleep. BUT, that's just me.