couch to 5k question

Options
I want to start couch to 5k. I actually tried to do day 1 today, but it was pretty tough to keep the intervals straight in my head. I do not have an iPhone or any other fancy phone like that, so I can't download the app that keeps track of the intervals for you that people have been talking about on here. Any other suggestions? I don't want to just "wing it", but I also don't want to have to be constantly looking at my phone or counting in my head while I'm jogging! What is everyone else using to do this?

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Do you have an MP3 player, or would you be willing to buy a cheap one? (Doesn't have to be fancy). There are podcasts out there that will cue you when you need to walk or jog/run - these can just go on a regular MP3 player. Google "C25K podcast" and I'm sure you'll find a bunch. I didn't use one (I used my phone) so I can't recommend any specifics. Hopefully others might.
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Do you have an MP3 player, or would you be willing to buy a cheap one? (Doesn't have to be fancy). There are podcasts out there that will cue you when you need to walk or jog/run - these can just go on a regular MP3 player. Google "C25K podcast" and I'm sure you'll find a bunch. I didn't use one (I used my phone) so I can't recommend any specifics. Hopefully others might.

I had no idea! I have an iPod nano, not a brand new one or anything...it's a few years old, but I think it does podcasts. Thanks so much!
  • agdeierl
    Options
    Ok, I feel kind of silly, but I finally found something googlign couch to 5k podcast, and it's playing the audio right now. It says I have to download quicktime, but obviously, I don't care much about the video. Anyway, I've never downloaded a podcast or transfered it to my ipod before. I usually can figure these things out by exploring, but I'm kind of confused. Can someone please tell me how to do this?
  • agdeierl
    Options
    nevermind, I think I figured it out!