Starting P90X any tips?

Options
I'm starting P90X today, anyone who's done it before have any tips, I've never done a workout like these before, so I'm a little nervous, but I'm going to give it all I've got!!

Replies

• spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have done P90X but it was hard to stick with because they are 1 hour videos and I have 2 children. I started P90X3 four weeks ago and love it. Just 30 mins a day and I can tell a difference in my body already. Add me as a friend if you like and we can motivate one another.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    thanks, added you
  • jhook11
    jhook11 Posts: 6
    Options
    P90x was my first workout like this as well at about 210lbs. Previous workouts were walking dvd's. My 2 biggest advices would be

1. Don't kill yourself trying to keep up with him or the people in the video. Go at your pace, push yourself and your limits but don't go so hard that you want to give up.
    2. It took me at least 6 weeks for the weight to start dropping off, I wasn't concerned because I knew I was doing everythign right and it was just the water retention and normal fluxuations that come. After the first 6-8 weeks I started seeing the results from my hard work.

Mostly just never give up.

I've moved on to Insanity and now P90X3 and P90x gave me the greatest rewards for my hard work.
  • nomadic_frau
    nomadic_frau Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me. I've been doing P90x3 in the AM, but I think I'm going to switch or add some P90x or P90x2 on some days in the evenings(like doubles). I would like to do a little more on the days I have more energy. I've noticed increased energy during the day since I switched to 5AM work out sessions.
  • misskris78
    misskris78 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have done P90X a few times and it is really my go to program. As far as tips: Don't be discouraged if you don't lose a ton of weight - especially at first. Your muscles will be sore, and you'll be prone to water retention. In addition, it's primary a "cardio resistance" program, with more focus on resistance than cardio. So, you won't get a huge burn. Don't give up. The muscles are there, you just might need to focus on burning off some "goo" with something like Insanity once P90X is done. Like any other program, the best results come from following the nutrition plan. I don't think you need to buy Shakeology to utilize the plan, but it is heavy on shakes, so substitute healthy options as you see fit. Good luck!