Low calorie filling recipes needed!!

Options
tierra85
tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
I love that feeling when you eat a huge meal and your stuffed! But watching my calories I never feel fully full which is a good thing I know but I'm scared to binge eat. So I'd love to know what your favorite healthy, super filling snack or meal ideas are??

Replies

• Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I mix cottage cheese, flavoured yogourt and all bran buds together. Gives me protein, a little sweetness, dairy and fibre all in one bowl! I adjust the portions depending on if I am wanting a snack or a full meal (150 or 300 calories roughly)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Popcorn has become my favorite snack, the sodium is a little high because I get the butter flavored kind, but you can chow down on quite a bit and feel full for little calories.

Sandwich wraps, using a big romaine lettuce leaf instead of bread for the sandwich, I find that pretty filling, easy, and lower calories.

Fish is pretty filling, being protein, and not fatty, so pretty low.

I can some days live off Sugar Free Pudding....I know...not great. But if I'm craving chocolate, I'd much rather eat 4 puddings through out the day, than go get a blizzard from dairy queen. They are only 60 cal each, you can add whip cream to make it an extra treat for around 80-100ish.

There is some low calorie breads, I use Aunt...something...sorry can't remember, but its only 80 calories for 2 pieces, and then you can get low calorie cheese and made a grilled cheese, yummy.

I also keep LOTS of fruits and veggies around now, and you can eat A LOT of those before racking up your calories to bad.
  • jenesaisquoi
    Options
    God, I need help with this too. I try to avoid carbs as much as possible except for wheat bread, fat-free kettle corn, pita bread, tortillas (soft) and baked chips. However, if I don't have any or much, I always still feel hungry....and bored with my meals and options.
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    The sandwich wrap with the lettuce instead of an actual wrap is a really good idea!
  • Dammitviv
    Dammitviv Posts: 117
    Options
    Veggies!! Pretty much every kind, high fiber, low calorie, you can have a bunch to fill you up and not throw off your calorie count.
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I am just starting to try to lose a little weight, but wanted to share my sight with you. I make a lot of recipe susbstitions to try to keep things healthy, and also try to incorporate as many fruits and veggies, lean meats, and healthy fibers as I can!

Please check it out!

http://www.momvsfood.blogspot.com/