just seem to be struggling this year :(

Options
lin7604
lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
last year i maintained it seemed quite easily.... only ever seemed to bounce around 1-1.5 lbs that was it. no problem!!! i was very happy where i was at... never hit my ultimate goal but i was ok with that. This year i figured that i needed to change up my exercise so my body would get used to it and started a new program. Well all of this year i have just struggled, i can't even maintain what i did ALL of last year? I have gained a good 7 lbs and i can maybe get2- 3 of them off but then nothing past that. My body fat hasn't seemed to change but i know my body composition sure has :( I find i have more cravings now a days then i ever used to and that makes it HARD!.. i am getting so frustrated... i am trying to eat a bit less and i am done with that other program since it seem to not work out for me and i am doing something else now but i just don't see why this year my weight is all over the place so much? why i can't seem to take any of it off this year either? i have changed nothing but my exercise program and i know i can't do what i did last year that worked so well forever... as you have to change it up eventually......grrrr..... sigh... sorry but just had to vent it out!

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    That certainly is frustrating. Let me ask though, do you track your body fat %? You may have added weight in the form of muscle. In my opinion, weight alone is not a good measure of fitness. Track your body measurements and body fat %. These will give you a much better measure of how you are progressing.

Please let me know if there is a way I can help.

Allan
  • SummerRain43
    Options
    I have the same problem......I was 118-120lb then started lifting and now I'm back up to 130lb and I've gone between 128-133lb for the past 6 months now.....gaining and losing the same few pounds over and over....I want to get back down to 120 but I don't know how it will happen.....I have pics of me from last September and now....and I think my abs looked better back in September.....grrrrr....so I sympathize....any advice from anyone would be really helpful...cause I'm sure doing something wrong....
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    Yes I do track my body fat, I use calipers, online calculators and I have a hand held thing too. Of course it bounces around too as it depends on your weight, etc. I doubt it's muscle as I find there isn't much for weights in x3 and that us what I was doing. I started p90x3 late jan and ya I did have a interruption when we went in a trip but besides that I have no difference in anything. I actually gained 1/2 inch on my hips, have now gained a good 5 lbs and have visible cellulite on my thighs now which used to be all gone. I maintained 114-115.5 all of last year and for exercise I did clx, then t25 and then back to clx. This year since doing p90x3 it's all gone backwards and I am unsure why? My exercise is the only thing that changed, my eating is the same...