MAPLE SYRUP DIET/LEMON DIET

Options

Replies

• Colli78
    Colli78 Posts: 135
    Options
    this cannot be a real thing? can it?

I want to do the watermelon diet- it's like juicing - but you get to eat real "food" but it's watermelon- so it's mostly water and sugar.

HEH.

I can eat pounds of that *kitten*!!!! But then I'm sick and sad because I have no protein. :(

sad panda face

Mmmmmm.... Watermelon! Once a week, I stop by the grocery deli and get 2 rotisserie chicken breasts and a huge container of cubed cold watermelon (usually after a heavy lifting day). People have been appalled to walk into my office and see what I have done to that watermelon and what a chicken breast looks like once you have stripped away every last ounce of meat.

heh- I left my gym around 1130 PM and went straight to Shop Rite to buy a big ole watermelon and ate the whole thing- I was embarrassed for myself- but the reality is- it's delicious. who goes out of their way at almost midnight for a watermelon craving!!!

I am impressed. I am not sure I would want to deal with the mess of a whole watermelon at that time of night. You are hard core!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Reported per Community Guidelines

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    :noway:

Modest calorie deficit combined with a balanced diet (if you want to lose weight and keep it off in a sustainable manner) is the way to go.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Has any one tried the MAPLE SYRUP DIET/LEMON DIET? Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Jenny.

No, I haven't tried it and would never consider it. My thought is maybe just move more, eat less. I lost 13 pounds in six months and I did it by doing just that. I met my goal and then some, I did it in a healthy way by not depriving myself.

Maple syrup/lemon diet isn't going to end well, so please don't!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    This is a joke, right?

This...

It's gotta be.

3620244-wtf.gif
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I had to look this one up. Sounds like a finalist for the most disgusting weight loss fad out there.

You could just eat at a moderate calorie deficit and even workout to lose weight. It won't be as instant, but at least it's a healthy change.

ETA: the last sentence.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    pam-you-have-got-to-be-kidding-me.gif
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO IT.

1. unhealthy
    2. unrealistic
    3. worthless
    4. awful

And yes, sadly I'm speaking from young, stupid, experience.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    My in-laws did this about 15 years ago. It's nothing new.

Of course, it worked while they were doing it - eat nothing but a bit of maple syrup and lemon juice and you're creating a severe calorie deficit and you'll lose weight. But they were cranky, and as soon as they ended it, the weight came back. It does absolutely nothing for teaching you how to eat normally. And they have been no healthier since (as far as the "cleanse" ... nothing that your kidneys and liver don't do anyway!!).

At such a severe deficit, and practically no protein, a good portion of the weight lost is muscle. Then the weight gained back is fat. So you're actually hurting yourself.
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    That's basically a water fast and is complete torture. If you're going to do something like that, make it a juice fast where you drink several glasses of fresh vegetable juice. I have done several short ones and one for two months with great results. I personally never felt better in my entire life and lost 45 pounds over the 8 weeks. Juice fasts aren't calorie restricted, you end up drinking 1200-1500 calories per day and the fresh juice is loaded with so much vitamins, minerals, and enzymes that your health really does improve all over. Mine was doctor recommended and supervised and resulted in bringing my cholesterol and blood pressure down to normal levels. You don't have to completely fast, even replacing one meal with a glass of fresh veggie juice is a great idea, two is even better, it's a personal choice. Watch fat, sick, and nearly dead on Netflix to get an idea of how it goes. One thing for sure, don't listen to people posting about it who never even tried it. It isn't for everybody,but it isn't as hard to stick with as you think and the benefits are huge.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Reported per Community Guidelines

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.

I'm sure the thread will get locked, but technically no one has promoted this diet. The OP asked about it and every response has been against it.
  • sdonovan96
    sdonovan96 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That's basically a water fast and is complete torture. If you're going to do something like that, make it a juice fast where you drink several glasses of fresh vegetable juice. I have done several short ones and one for two months with great results. I personally never felt better in my entire life and lost 45 pounds over the 8 weeks. Juice fasts aren't calorie restricted, you end up drinking 1200-1500 calories per day and the fresh juice is loaded with so much vitamins, minerals, and enzymes that your health really does improve all over. Mine was doctor recommended and supervised and resulted in bringing my cholesterol and blood pressure down to normal levels. You don't have to completely fast, even replacing one meal with a glass of fresh veggie juice is a great idea, two is even better, it's a personal choice. Watch fat, sick, and nearly dead on Netflix to get an idea of how it goes. One thing for sure, don't listen to people posting about it who never even tried it. It isn't for everybody,but it isn't as hard to stick with as you think and the benefits are huge.

This sounds like a much better option. Master Cleanse is no joke...and your a**hole will feel like the 7 rings of fire...or so I've heard.
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Eating syrup and then a lemon? Eating lemons and then syrup? Either scenario makes me pucker. NO thanks.

sour-face-o.gif

hahaha right? Super sweet, then super sour, or super sour to super sweet?? My taste buds will go nuts! I guess people think that flavor shock = body shock = weight loss.

F** you science.

****-you-science-o.gif
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I am impressed. I am not sure I would want to deal with the mess of a whole watermelon at that time of night. You are hard core!

well I eat quiet a bit and start cooking around that time- sometimes I come home and cook a whole big meal at 11something at night- I'm more of a night person- although work says I must be up at the office by 8.

it's exhuasting. But I much prefer to be doing things at that hour.

So yes- watermelon included- although usually it's only half ;) sometimes it's a special occasion.

Watermelon diet- that's what I'm doing this summer :D
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Has any one tried the MAPLE SYRUP DIET/LEMON DIET? Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Jenny.
    A sugar diet with some citric acid thrown in? Lol, don't do this.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    I'm friends with MapleFlavoredMaiden on here...does that count?
  • JeniSue28
    JeniSue28 Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Maple syrup on a stack of flapjacks (or a sexy Canadian) is amazing.

the only way to have maple syrup :)
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the cayenne pepper. Essential for literally burning the fat away. No solid foods for you, or you'll be fat forever!

Oy...
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    2333994389_c3fffd8d_29c2_4014_ac02_eba18a8c8ab6_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    It's real, it's the Beyonce cayenne diet. It's not easy but you lose weight fast, and then gain it RIGHT BACK. Not worth the suffering.