New to Fitness Pal

Options
Hi! My name is Cindy and I have been working out for the past six months. I am really serious now and I have started walk/running and working out at the gym at least four to five times per week. I have set a goal to work out all throughout the fall and winter. I want to have a fun summer at the beach next year. I go Long Beach City College where I am working on a business degree (A.A.) I have started dieting this week and my goal is to lose 35 pounds or more. I want to start doing running but I have only been walking with some very light running this far.

Glad to be here and will be checking in!

Cindy Lee Odenthal

Replies

• cindiodenthal
    Options
    Hi! My name is Cindy and I have been working out for the past six months. I am really serious now and I have started walk/running and working out at the gym at least four to five times per week. I have set a goal to work out all throughout the fall and winter. I want to have a fun summer at the beach next year. I go Long Beach City College where I am working on a business degree (A.A.) I have started dieting this week and my goal is to lose 35 pounds or more. I want to start doing running but I have only been walking with some very light running this far.

Glad to be here and will be checking in!

Cindy Lee Odenthal
  • missalj
    missalj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Cindy. I just started using this website a few days ago. So far I am amazed at the calories that I consume. No wonder I am gaining weight. I have to lose about 80 pounds and it is time to get started. Good luck to you.
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am, today, at the first 10lb milestone of the 40 I have to lose. This site and the people on it are the reason. Stick with it and good luck!!!
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined about a week ago. Logging the foods has been an eye opener. I have 17 pounds to go, but they are very stubborn. Stick with the exercise, it helps tremendously. One of my gym instructors informed us that for every pound of fat that is converted to muscle, you burn an extra 70-100 calories a day. That helps motivate me! Good luck, this is a very helpful website!
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Razboo,
    Congrats on your first 10!! Your already a quarter of the way there - keep it up!!
  • nancym
    nancym Posts: 49
    Options
    Hey and welcome Denmother. Explore the site and everytime you put something in your mouth, every time you exercise and/or every time you have a thought or suggestion, come to this site. It creates reinforcement of a better lifestyle and you may have information we could use.
    Welcome
    nancym
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cindy!

Red Alee