Weight Training Log

Options
Does anyone know if there is any point in updating the excersice logs with any weight training sessions that I do? As far as I can tell, it doesnt deduct any calories or change anything so if its just for a record/log its probably not worth me doing as I have a seperate app for that.

Replies

• lordofultima
    Options
    Add your weight training under cardio, and it'll give you a calorie total. Although in my experience that number for strength training is way too low. High intensity weight lifting burns wayyy more calories than it'll tell you.
  • josh6603
    Options
    I just use the calories I burn doing weight training as a buffer. If i should happen to get close to running out of calories i know i have a few unaccounted for calories to fall back on. May not know how much so i try not to run over, but I know they are there.
  • atotal180
    Options
    The only reason I track my strength training exercises is to show friends my workout routine. Other than that I like to use strength training as a calorie buffer as well. I agree that I think MFP underestimates how many calories a high intensity workout may burn, but I think that is a good thing.