1 year in, my human journey with pics

Options
CherylP67
CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
imagejpg1-3.jpg

A year ago today I had enough of hiding from the camera and self loathing because of my appearance.

I call this a human journey because I'm human and not perfect and I've slipped up. I lost 49, gained 10 back, and have lost 5 of that. I have 19 pounds to get to my goal weight, I'm giving myself another year to get there. The difference is this time when I started gaining I didn't throw in the towel. I regrouped and got myself back in the game.

In this year I turned 46, started running, finalized my divorce, took on new responsibilities at work, and grown by leaps and bounds in body/mind/spirit.

The quote card in the middle got me through the year. I was feeling poorly about my weight a year ago and was cruising the Internet for inspiration. Seeing that quote card caused something to click in my head. I have looked at it hundreds of times in the past year.

I started running in August after starting and quitting 7 times before. I've run a 5k and 10k, I placed 9th in my age group in the 10k. I'm running a half marathon on Saturday!

My journey hasn't been perfect in a textbook sense, but it's been perfect for me. Each backslide has taught me something about myself and my journey. As a result of my divorce I had to sign up for insurance at work. Imagine my glee when I took the health assessment and I received a message saying "congratulations, you're at a healthy weight, keep it up."

My profile picture is from last week after I ran 10 miles for the first time in my life.

Replies

• kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Forty what? You look fabulous! And so much younger and happier. Congrats on your success, you must be incredibly proud of yourself!
  • Catflower6
    Catflower6 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Excellent !!!!!!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - GREAT WORK!!
  • sashafischang
    sashafischang Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    What an amazing job you have done! Your story is an incredible inspiration to me and I believe many others will feel the same way. I wish you success in the next year on your way to your goal weight!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep at it!
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    wow great job!
  • bear2303
    bear2303 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Amazing amazing job! You do NOT look 47! Even in your first picture I thought you were in your 20s! But now that you have lost weight you look even younger and happier! congratulations you are a total inspiration!
  • mombie2six
    mombie2six Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. Good for you!!! (Oh, .... and you don't look anywhere near 40-anything!)
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Big difference......you look great!
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, a great success! I am with you completely about the learning as you go. People can only show you and teach you so much, the rest is our individual guts and determination! Well done and keep up the great work!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    That same quote was impetus to start, and motivation throughout.

Nice work, congrats, and thanks for sharing.
  • Tippy05
    Tippy05 Posts: 43
    Options
    fabulous! You absolutely DO NOT look 40 ANYTHING!

Great work and super inspirational!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Faaaaanfreakingtastic!!! The loss, the running, your new way of thinking. Fantastic!
  • ballito
    ballito Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration. You're doing great. Keep up the good work.
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    wow.... if you wouldn't of said how old you were I would of thought you were in your late 20's in your after pic....you look GREAT!!!
  • graham713
    graham713 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You look like your are in your early 30's! You are very inspiring!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration. Well done!!
  • Nottryingjustdoing
    Nottryingjustdoing Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    *applause applause*
    Well done!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    This is very inspiring and amazing! Keep up the good work
  • leseratte2222
    leseratte2222 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good job - you really do not look like 40ish!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!