c25k day one COMPLETE!

Options
Hello! On the advice of some fellow MFP members I have completed my first session of C25K couch to 5k (http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml)

I am quite happy to report that I am still alive. It must be some sort of miracle! :)

Is anyone else starting this week? :) Is anyone using the pod casts?

Replies

• cataclysm
    cataclysm Posts: 109
    Options
    I also wondered how people were entering it into the "exercise" part of MVP? I've tried woring it out three times. I'm not great with Maths!
  • HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I just started c25k today as well! I entered it in as 8mins running, 22mins walking for the first day. Doesn't seem like only 8mins when you're doing it, but I separated it out into walking and running stages and added the running ones together.

So good to find c25k people starting today!
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options

I am quite happy to report that I am still alive. It must be some sort of miracle! :)

Is anyone else starting this week? :) Is anyone using the pod casts?

Congratulations on still being alive, I did the C25k earlier this year and stopped at week 9 :noway:

I'm starting again, (probably later tonight) can't do it withouth the podcasts

I burn 200 - 300 cals per session according to the treadmill, so I enter time as running 35 mins 5mph then change the cals to match the reading from the treadmill.
  • cataclysm
    cataclysm Posts: 109
    Options
    Hey there! I just started c25k today as well! I entered it in as 8mins running, 22mins walking for the first day. Doesn't seem like only 8mins when you're doing it, but I separated it out into walking and running stages and added the running ones together.

So good to find c25k people starting today!

Hey! I worked it out as 12 mins walking, 8 running.

It didnt occur to me to use a treadmill though..hmmmm. Saying that, I suppose the park is free!

It really doesnt seem like 8 minutes! Im hping the time goes quicker using a podcast!
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I just did C25K W6 D1. The program is great.

I used the podcasts from: www.djsteveboy.com/mixes.html
    It took me awhile to be able to walk to 130bpm. I still run faster then the 141bpm for the run.

I get my average speed from my GPS and use that as the walk/run speed to enter and then adjust the time so the calories burned are close to what my HRM gives me.

I am tracking my routes with SportyPal, a free gps phone application.
    My latest: http://www.sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/711757