30 day shred - what do I need besides the DVD?

Options
Kate_UK
Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
My 30 day shred dvd is in the post office wiating for me to pick it up later today. I noticed in another thread that someone was talking about needing hand weights to do it. I'm going and buy some today so that I can start the shred this evening. What weight do you recommend? Also is there anything else I need? I'd hate to start it and find I'm missing something. How do you log your exercise cals for this workout?

Thanks!

Replies

• jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I started with 3 lbs, and keep 5 on hand. All you'll need otherwise is a towel, sneakers and water.

Enjoy!
  • countrygirlsoul
    Options
    I also started with 3lb weights and then moved up to 5 but if you are on a hard surface, a mat is very helpful! Hope you like the DVD!
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    Thank you both:flowerforyou:

How do you log your exercise calories for the workout? I couldn't see 30 day shred on the database. Aerobics?
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options

How do you log your exercise calories for the workout? I couldn't see 30 day shred on the database. Aerobics?

I just did my first day yesterday and I logged it as circuit training general. Others who have HRMs log theirs in by data from that.
  • jillerymaker
    Options
    I was just coming into the message boards to ask the same thing, kate, about logging 30 day shred. Right now I put it under Aerobics general, but I questioned if it should be under calisthenics or circuit training?
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options

I wear my HRM while I do it (I am on level 2 at the moment) and I burn 267+/- calories. I am 5'4" and my current weight is 158lbs and I am 41. I have added it to my exercises as cardio 30 day shred.

I only got the HRM recently and I am really glad I did. If you check www.slickdeals.net you might be able to find an inexpensive one on sale there.
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I couldn't get 3lb weights so I picked up the 5lb ones, and after my first attempt I know I'm going to be wishing the store had 3lb ones in stock come tomorrow morning!:ohwell: I logged it as aerobics general as I didn't feel as if I'd done as much cardio as I do in a typical 20 session on the bike/elliptical etc, so I figure the 153 cals MFP gave me are about right.