after the opinions of my nutritionnist

Options
Hi,

Last friday, i went to see a nutritionnist nearby, she listened my activities and what i eat everyday, she pointed out that i didn't have enough fibers and vitamins...

So, she recommended me to eat lots lots lots of vegetables and fruits... otherwise, i can eat the french sandwiches and the food that is rich on carbohydrates as i wish...

I adopted the opinions of my nutritionnist, in the mean while, i started my diet with myfitnesspal.... One week has passed, I dont see any progress in my inches, as to my weight, I will get it in a week with my nutritionnist.

I've set up my goal '' net calories'' as 1200 but I over-eat about 300 cals everyday... the recommanded calories if i do nothing is around 1500calories, but I do the exercises everyday.... so i suppose that i can eat more.........

I came here to get some support......... tell me am I doing right?

Replies

• strongerthanb4
    Options
    just keep working and the results will soon follow. aslo drink LOTS of water, and exercise! good luck and keep up the hard work, one day soon you will wake up and be amazed!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    1 week is a short period, give it time. The body doesn't do much in a week, it does a lot more in a month.
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    I hate to stay at 1200 calories so I make sure that I exercise to bump the number up by 300-500 then I try to stay under the new number by around 100 to help make up for things that I didn't log correctly.

If you've chosen 1200 in order to loose a pound a week, you probably will loose a pound a week, if you regularly go over 1200 calories a day and you are not exercising, chances are good that you will loose weight more slowly or just not gain.

It think it great that you are working with a nutritionist. Don't forget to drink your water and don't get upset if your body takes a week or two to get the message that you are trying to loose some weight.

Best of luck. You can do this.
  • gwynnie_l
    Options
    YES, with a nutritionnist is really nice, i was waiting for a diet of protein, but no, i got a diet easy to go....

I have a friend, who is going on a diet of protein, one month she lost 12kgs!!!
  • christopher_stockdale
    Options
    I do fiber bars for breakfast, and whole wheat or whole grain if at all possible. I usually get near my 29g of fiber per day without trying too hard. My problem is protein. I do fiber focused meals for breakfast and lunch (cereal, fruit, etc), and usually have problems getting protein up with only one meal.

So, it's tough doing both. Trying to figure that part out.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    YES, with a nutritionnist is really nice, i was waiting for a diet of protein, but no, i got a diet easy to go....

I have a friend, who is going on a diet of protein, one month she lost 12kgs!!!

that's called a ketogenic diet. And much of the weight loss is most likely water weight from the conversion of the body from glucose burning to ketone burning. It's deceiving. If she/he stays on a ketogenic diet then the glycogen weight will stay off, but if they return to a normal diet with carbohydrates, the body will revert back to a glucose burning metabolism and some of that weight will return. In other words, on a ketogenic diet, much of the initial weight loss isn't fat loss (which is what we are all shooting for right?)
  • gwynnie_l
    Options
    I don't know, because since she got fitter, she,s changed like a happy girl of 15 years old

And I don't think she would take back what she've already lost.... Because she eats normally now, and no rebounds.

It's the period of stabilization.... After 4-6months, she will restart un program to loose 7kgs again. Then it will be her final goal.....
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Remember not to concentrate to hard on the numbers you are loosing or she is. It is about having a healthy body. And everybody is different. What works for her may not be what is right for you. If I were you I would stick with your plan for a month and if you see no change then think about switching it up.

But remember to be honest and fair with yourself. Everything that you eat must be recorded, drink lots of water and take some activity every day :) Even if you don't loose quickly you will feel better for these things.

You can definately do this it's not a question of "if" just a question of "when" :)

We have the same goal weight - I'll see you there! x