Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

how many calories in a donut that you bought at the bakery?

Will one single donut ruin my diet?
I've been eating clean for the past 2 months.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Will one single donut ruin my diet?
    I've been eating clean for the past 2 months.

No and I'm sorry you put yourself through "clean" eating for so long
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    coming from a guy who eats 800-900 calories a day you can eat a couple donuts a day and you wont ruin your weight loss.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1266854-eating-800-calories-for-6-days-and-7th-day-cheat-meal
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    It's impossible to precisely know the calories. Pick a comparable doughnut from the database on the higher end of the range you see. Log it and move on.

No, it will not ruin your "diet". I eat doughnuts. I eat pizza. I eat lots of "unclean" foods, whatever that is, and I've managed to become a lot healthier and lose a lot of weight. Treats are an important part of my "diet." I won't live my life never eating a doughnut, so I didn't lose weight denying myself them.

I am especially fond of this particular one:

l.jpg
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member

l.jpg

I tried a bacon maple donut, and it was just meh. I was disappointed...maybe I need to try one at a different bakery.
  • jagi410
    jagi410 Posts: 97 Member
    Sometimes donuts are just worth it. Don't beat yourself up over it, enjoy it! Make it fit into your calorie goal. Since I eat a lot of donuts, I've noticed MFP's donut calories are all over the place. I assume 300 calories each.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member

l.jpg

I tried a bacon maple donut, and it was just meh. I was disappointed...maybe I need to try one at a different bakery.

Yeah, the bacon has to be perfect. This place (Glamdoll Donuts in Minneapolis) crumbles and caramelizes the bacon, which is delicious. Some places top the donut with a non-crispy, stringy, full piece and that's just not as good. Glamdoll also has a fabulous bacon apple fritter.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Depends on the donut. Anywhere from 200 to 800 calories. Just find an equivalent in the database and log it.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    lol
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    That's a broad question. It could be anywhere between 250 calories to 1000ish, depending on the type of doughnut and the size of it. A regular-sized chocolate iced cake doughnut will run you about 250-300 while a apple fritter at one of my favorite bakeries runs abut 950 calories.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I am gonna have to make donuts now...thanks guys...:grumble:

And my husband and son thank you as well since they eat most of them.
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    I would get down on a maple bacon donut right now.