Scale didn't move. Suggestions?

Options
I'm trying to have patience but I'm really disappointed that I didn't lose a pound this week. I have my diary open for now and I'm wondering if I can get some help / suggestions.

I do measure and weigh my food. I do both cardio and weight lifting. Cardio is usually 30+ minutes on a treadmill which I try and vary the difficulty level through out the time.

I try to eat the calories suggested by MFP and only had one day this week where I was under the deficit a bit too much. I debated on asking for help or to be patient for another week to see something but figure if there is anything I can change , I would rather know now.

My daily calorie goal is 1810. I have a fitbit so it gives me extra calories based on my movements. I try to eat back the calories I earn through my workouts but not through daily movement. Now that I have a fitbit I am trying to hit the 10K step mark with it daily so there are days which looks like I have 300+ calories I didn't eat .

I have 90 pounds I want to lose .

Thank You

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    weight loss is not linear and if you are doing everything right you wont lose weight every week, nor will you lose the same amount.

If you are new here and adding in new exercise you could be retaining water/glycogen stores in the muscles which can take 4-6 weeks to settle out...

Just be patient, don't stress (stress can cause water retention due to high cortisol levels)...and cause weight loss to be masked again.
  • jescamp9481
    jescamp9481 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I was in the same situation and I talked to a nutritionist. the calorie intake for me considering that I am working out 4 times a week was too low. I was hungry, tired, and depressed all the time. I upped my calorie intake to between 1500-1600 and I increased my protein to about 160 grams a day. Since this I have consistantly lost weight. Also, I never lose weight during the week of my monthly visitor (.) I always gain about 2 and lose it plus some the next week. Also, I want to caution you that at times this will feel like its not worth it. "I am not losing any weight I might as well have a hamburger". There will come a time, for me it was about 2 solid months in when I realized that I didnt want a hamburger. My body needs fuel, clean and easy to use fuel, whole grain carbs, lean protein, and healthy fats. some days are better than others, and some days I feel like I cant do it anymore.

my mantra...
    "you cant out exercise your fork"
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. There will be weeks that you get on the scale and go YAY! Two pounds lost! The next week? Nothing $#%^@!!!!! The next week? GAINED TWO POUNDS WTF????? It's okay. This is completely normal. Stick to your calories, and make sure you're logging accurately (which means weighing your food). If no loss in say, four weeks, then you might need to adjust some calories.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Relax. If it's just one week there's no need to worry. Weight fluctuates a lot sometimes because of water retention and stuff like that.
    If you still haven't lost anything in a few weeks though you should see if you're either eating more than you thought or not burning as much as you thought.
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support and advice. I'll keep going as I am and keep my fingers crossed. I appreciate it.
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ihad/view/the-path-of-success-631437

One of my favorite things to reply with here.

One of these days I'm going to take a screen shot of my weight graph and post it here.
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ihad/view/the-path-of-success-631437

One of my favorite things to reply with here.

One of these days I'm going to take a screen shot of my weight graph and post it here.

Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,525 Member
    Options
    weight loss is not linear and if you are doing everything right you wont lose weight every week, nor will you lose the same amount.
    This.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Murph1908
    Murph1908 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Was going to say the same thing.

My MFP is set up to lose 2 pounds a week. A couple of weeks ago, I didn't lose anything for the week. In the 2 weeks since, I've lost 6, which put me right on the 2 per week average.

There are weeks I lose 0 or 1, then there are those I lose 3 or 4. As long as I am keeping a healthy and steady 2 per week average over several weeks, all is good.