Stretch marks- will they EVER go away?!

Options
2»

Replies

• gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I have them on my stomach and hips, they've been there 13 years now. It wouldn't bother me so bad if they didn't make my belly button so deformed looking. I knew I had them all along, but they stand out to me more now, because of the loose skin I didn't know I had. But I've been working on body composition and maintaining my weight for a while, and the skin has improved some. But the marks are still there, they will and have faded, but I'm sure they will never go away without surgery.

Eta: Now that I think about it, don't be embarrassed at all no it your stretch marks. When I pick a bathing suite, I am more worried about covering the awfully done tattoo on my back than my deformed belly button. Rock your bikini with or without marks and loose skin, just don't ever trust an amateur tattoo artist with your first and only tat. While every body else is saving for their tummy tucks, I'm gonna start saving for a cover up job.
  • chasingdreams18
    chasingdreams18 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Not without laser surgery, no. Stretch marks are permanent scars. You can lighten them with cream, you can tighten your abs, but you will always have stretch marks. I have stretch marks up to my tapas from my DS, and loose skin from losing 75 pounds, it's just part of me. Sure we may never rock a bikini but look at the beautiful children you've been blessed with ...

I am definitely blessed with my 2 beautiful kiddos! Wouldn't take that back for a second! But I WILL rock that bikini!! Stretch marks or not! LOL

Very well said! Me too!
  • moondazed
    moondazed Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I got all of my stretch marks in the sixth grade when I hit puberty and gained a lot of weight! (in my thighs and hips). Ever since then, they've been present and don't seem to be fading much or show any signs of going away. They're all a very bright white colour and are pretty noticeable. However I've learned to stop being so self conscious of them and just learn to love them.

It's just a shame that I got them at such a young age. :_:
  • chasingdreams18
    chasingdreams18 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    f0d3fa12209419cfa91b26283a569b95.jpg
    One of my favorite quotes! :flowerforyou:
  • gooserocks85
    gooserocks85 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I got all of my stretch marks in the sixth grade when I hit puberty and gained a lot of weight! (in my thighs and hips). Ever since then, they've been present and don't seem to be fading much or show any signs of going away. They're all a very bright white colour and are pretty noticeable. However I've learned to stop being so self conscious of them and just learn to love them.

It's just a shame that I got them at such a young age. :_:

same here! i've never been overweight or pregnant, but when puberty hit and my hips grew the stretch marks came with them. the nice thing is that since i've had them so long, they've always felt like a natural part of my body - not like something i've had to hide or be ashamed of.