The last 10 lbs! What do I have to do??? LOL ;)

Options
So Im really holding on to the last 10 or so lbs....Im stuck at 149-150 lbs...I'd love to get to 140 lbs....I started tracking calories,and exercising (again) about 2 weeks ago....I "power" walk for approx 30-45 min a day, do about and hr of hard yard work a day ( clearing TONS of Juniper bushes)...and approx 15 minutes of weight/strength training about 4 days a week. I try to eat around 1200 calories a day ( Is that not enough for how much Im burning?) I know they say it gets harder to lose the closer you get to your goal...But what is a realistic expectation? How long will it take to drop this last 10 lbs? What do I need to do differently?

Replies

• wannaBrunnner81
    wannaBrunnner81 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Eat more. For all the work you are doing you are not eating enough. Try chaning your calories consumed goal to burning a pound or less a week and then really stay at or around the mark for a few weeks. That worked really well for me.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I think you're not eating enough. With just 10lbs left, 1200 seems low. Maybe set it to .5lbs a week.
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I would up your strenght training and back off of some of the cardio and not worry about the last 10 pounds, but more shaping from weight training. You might not drop another pound, but you will probably look like you lost 10. Good luck! :)
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    You sound like my weight loss twin. Lol.

I would guess you are not eating enough calories if you are being active too. Personally I've had a lot more success being easier on myself and shooting for 1 lb weighloss a week instead of 2...that ups my calorie intake a bit and gives me just enough wiggle room in my diet that I don't feel like I'm depriving myself of anything (it's funny that such a small amount makes that difference).

1200 a day is really hard to maintain for any length of time. From my own experience and seeing others try it, it just seems to burn a person out and people end up giving up.

I got a fitbit that tracks my steps throughout the day and equates that to calories burned and calories left to consume for the day...that has been really helpful for me since it can be hard to know how to log (or if to log) an activity like a 30 minute walk if you aren't particularly active (like me).

I'm 5' 6" and 149-150 (aiming for 140) and generally eat around 1400 a day.
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Thanx everyone :) Looks like I'll up my calories a lil bit
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Just thought I would check in... How is it going with the last 10 lbs?