Can I do this?

Options
Is it possible to lose 20 lbs in 3 months? Are there any groups with this kind of goal? How much time should I be working out/how many calories do I need to burn?

Any help would be appreciated. I've gained 20 lbs this school year and would like to go back to my original weight before going back to school again.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    did it take you 3 months to gain it or 8?

1/2lb a week is sustainable....why not try to lose it at the same rate you gained it?
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Instead of trying to burn it off in 3 months why not start a balanced plan to take it off and just maintain through the school year instead of Cramming for a fitness goal.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to lose 20 lbs in 3 months? Are there any groups with this kind of goal? How much time should I be working out/how many calories do I need to burn?

Any help would be appreciated. I've gained 20 lbs this school year and would like to go back to my original weight before going back to school again.

Short answer, no.

You only have 20lbs to lose, so the most you should be aiming for is 1lb per week for the first 10 and 0.5lb for the second 10.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    You gained 20 lbs. over a school year and want to lost it over the summer. Why? What is the hurry? Setup your profile to lose 0.5lbs a week, eat a variety of foods, drink water, and toss in some exercise. More importantly, allow nature to take its course.
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    PSMF (Lyle McDonald) with an EC stack.

I don't recommend it but it is extremely effective for a crash diet.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

you cannot promote exteme weight loss methods here...I mean come on...
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options

you cannot promote exteme weight loss methods here...I mean come on...

Yeah I know.

But maybe it will teach her that this isn't the right way to go about things. Especially after she reads the 40 page description of it, which is actually some good reading.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    Petite as you look, no without some health issues arising. Sorry, but like anyone else, crash dieting doesn't bode well.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,210 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Losing too fast isn't healthy. For me, if I lose too quickly, I gain it right back. Just taking it slow has really helped me. Plus, I don't have as much lose skin, since my body has time to tighten up with the slow loss.

You can do it, but it's a marathon, not a sprint. :)