Cheat day?~?~?~?

Options
tnp223
tnp223 Posts: 11 Member
Should you have a cheat day? Should you have 2 cheat meals a week? What do you guys do when all you want to do is eat some fried food?

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Eat it and fit it into your cals / macros
  • jaenders06
    jaenders06 Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Agree completely.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I typically have a cheat day right before TOM, sometimes even the weekend. I dont eat anything and everything, but I will set my cals to maintenance and if I go over by a few hundred, no biggie!! Then Sunday I am right back on it!!! It was difficult to trust myself with it at first, but now I can handle it and it gives me something to look forward to. Besides that, I eat what I want after I am sure all of my protein is good for the day and stay under or right at my calorie goal.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Should you have a cheat day? Should you have 2 cheat meals a week? What do you guys do when all you want to do is eat some fried food?
    The more you do it the worse off you will be.

I have a cheat MEAL, not a cheat day. Usually the evening of a weigh in. It is a cheat MEAL, but i still come in at or under my calories for the day.
    I just save up for that big meal that day and I know tis past weekend I did that on Saturday and was still a few hundred under my maintain calories.

Go for it....dont make it a habit too often, and do a MEAL, not a day, preferably the day you weigh in so you have a whole week before you weigh in again
  • brandi_kae
    brandi_kae Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    ^^This. If you cheat, you're only cheating yourself. Everything in moderation. Don't cut out everything you love completely...just cut back the portion.
  • slspry1
    slspry1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    is best to have a cheat day if needs be to stop you from cheating throughout the week and one day will not hurt as long as you are sensible about it and get right back on it he day after
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options

This, it's not cheating if it fits your calories and macros...
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    If I am craving something like fries, I am going to go to McD's and get a large fry. Best 500 calories spent and I am full for hours - I find that if I deny it, I sometimes use more calories trying to satisfy the craving rather than just eating what I want.
  • msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    Options

I mostly follow this philosophy. Although, I choose to eat less on weekdays so that I can eat more on weekends. It works for me.
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    When I'm being super mindful of what I'm eating I allow myself a cheat meal, typically it's on a Friday (when I usually go out to dinner) and it could be either something for dinner I normally wouldn't have and/or a decadent dessert. When I do that I look forward to my Friday night indulgence.

While I get the whole "well if it fits into your daily calories/macros etc" might work for some for me I don't want to be faced with the "Well I really really want to indulge and have some wine BUT I also want to have a really yummy dessert. If I have the wine then that puts me at X amount of calories now which means that I'll have to forgo the dessert and have a small dinner. OR I can forgo the wine and indulge in dessert." Taking one night and being able to indulge and say "screw the calories!' works out well for me and I have zero guilt from it.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options

^ Yup.
  • Eoghann
    Eoghann Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Guaranteed you'll get a bunch of definitive answers (either yes or no). The really answer is... depends on you.

For some people a cheat day works. It gives them an relief valve of sorts and allows them to be very stringent the rest of the week.

For others, a cheat day breaks their routine and can trigger additional cheat days.
  • chloematilds
    chloematilds Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    its about portioning. if you master the art, you dont need to cheat. you can fit a slice.of.chocolate cake for dessert or have waffles for breakfast without going overboard with your calorie allowance

cheat days, imo, kinda reinforces.the binge.cycle. restricted eating, then have the binge day.
  • anallydiaz
    anallydiaz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I also agree with cheat MEALS, not cheat DAYS. When I know I am going out to eat and I want to enjoy a meal that I usually can't eat, I eat healthy so I can save more calories for it, and even if I go a little over my calories that day, I am ok with that. But at least I know I didn't go crazy the whole day.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I don't cheat.

Cheat implies I'm doing something wrong.

Either I make it fit and forfeit something else- or I go bust my *kitten* so I can make room for it.

There are days where I have a fattycake/what's a macro day- but I do not call it a cheat- usually I'm well within my calorie goals- even with almost 3500- eating an entire pizza by myself- I still came in with a net around where I needed to be for the week.

I specifically budget for "high calorie" and "low calorie" days- my BF is only here 2 x a week so I 'bank' calories so I can eat with him guilt free.

But if the question is do I have days where I'm not particularly careful and eat whatever I want pretty much?

yes- the answer is yes.