Knee Pain

Options
I'm not sure if this is the correct spot to ask this question, but I figured why not? Let me also say that I do have a meeting with my physician assistant scheduled for next week.

So I have knee pain. Yes, I have been exercising more which has mad the pain worse but the pain was there before. And my activity has been low impact exercise. The pain in my right knee is almost like an aching pain that hurts more when I move it/put weight on it. It also makes a lot of cracking noises (Like cracking your knuckles) when I go from extended to bent like when I ride I bike.

I am only 20 years old, and I do have arthritis in my SI joint in my back, esp. on my right side. I also have tendinitis in my elbow from playing tennis for many years.

After reading online, I have a hunch its either tendinitis or arthritis, but I'm no doctor so I have no certainty. My father thinks its just excess weight putting pressure on my knee, but I would love to hear y'alls thoughts!

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Tendonitis pain is usually above or below the knee, because that's where the tendons are. The crackling sounds like a cartilage issue. You'll probably need an MRI or similar scan to get a proper diagnosis, so the physician assistant may just guess at the cause. But yes, losing weight tends to fix a lot of problems.