Yellow vs. White Popcorn?

Options
wriglucy
wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
Is there any nutritional difference between yellow or white air popped popcorn? I see them both in the store, and honestly...never really decided to check them out that carefully.
Thanks!

Replies

• wriglucy
    Options
    Is there any nutritional difference between yellow or white air popped popcorn? I see them both in the store, and honestly...never really decided to check them out that carefully.
    Thanks!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    you mean the popped kind right....well I'm not expert just buy a TON of it for my son and I get the kernels and pop the o'school in a big pan w/ a bit of oil in it....over the stove...shakin it all the time....yes I know there are popcorn machines:ohwell: ....and no I wont' get one :noway: lol...it reminds me of growing up and I know what's in it :wink: lol...its white so I think if I had to buy it popped I choose white....just my opinion I'm curious to hear what others say!

hugs!
    Ali
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    http://www.garden.org/articles/articles.php?q=show&id=1127

Because I am a nerd who loves google, here's a link. It doesn't really look like there' s much nutritional difference.:flowerforyou:
  • wriglucy
    Options
    Cool...thanks!
  • DesertWind
    DesertWind Posts: 17
    Options
    A couple of years ago I decided to buy some Jiffy Pop and pop it for my daughter. It reminded me of being a kid!! Well, I started shaking and the corn started popping. The foil begin to swell and I'm not sure what happened next other than the foil exploded and caught fire and popcorn was flying everywhere. My daughter is terrified of Jiffy Pop now!!

Oh, nutritonal value!! All are about the same. The guys with glasses on the Food Network done a show on Popcorn. There are many different types and they taste different. It was very interesting. He also suggests to pop the old fashioned way!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    wow cool info guys LOL....

yes o'school for me LOL and omg desertwind....YIKES that must of freaked you out too! lol

hugs!
    Ali
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Oh, nutritonal value!! All are about the same. The guys with glasses on the Food Network done a show on Popcorn. There are many different types and they taste different. It was very interesting. He also suggests to pop the old fashioned way!!

Alton Brown? He's a little different, but his shows usually have pretty neat information.