Does this count?

Oompa_Loompa
Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Can coffee count as breakfast? lol I dont want what a brought.

Replies

• sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Depends on what you put in it. LOL.
  • Net132
    Net132 Posts: 174 Member
    I agree what do you put in it???

I use 1% milk and Stevia. So I always count the milk but not the coffee.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Black with a turbo shot..
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    IMO, no. You need to feed yourself something. This morning I wasn't really in the mood to shove something down my throat but I knew I needed to eat something, so I had a nectarine with my coffee.

Eat something.
  • bikegeorge
    bikegeorge Posts: 19 Member
    Hi Erica,
    Coffee does not really count as Breakfast. More like a drink of H2O. Breakfast is probably a key meal in a weight loss plan since it Jump Starts your metabolism. Without it, the metabolic rate satys down and you burn less calories. With the coffee, why not have a fat free Yogurt.....or an Egg.....or some Oatmeal if possible.
    Having Protein in the morning stops hunger pangs later in the AM. I try steering clear of Muffins, Bread , Sugary Cereals etc. I do like Oatmeal though.....high in fiber, not high in Calories and filling. You'll also be less hungry throughout the day :-).
    Best of Luck
    G
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Hi Erica,
    Coffee does not really count as Breakfast. More like a drink of H2O. Breakfast is probably a key meal in a weight loss plan since it Jump Starts your metabolism. Without it, the metabolic rate satys down and you burn less calories. With the coffee, why not have a fat free Yogurt.....or an Egg.....or some Oatmeal if possible.
    Having Protein in the morning stops hunger pangs later in the AM. I try steering clear of Muffins, Bread , Sugary Cereals etc. I do like Oatmeal though.....high in fiber, not high in Calories and filling. You'll also be less hubgry throughout the day :-).
    Best of Luck
    G

this.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Not eating breakfast can lead to a binge later.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    As much as I wish it did, no, just coffee doesn't count as breakfast. If it did, I'd drink a pot every morning. I just have a banana. I try to eat no later than an hour after I wake up. It makes me hungrier the rest of the day, but I think that's a good sign that my metabolism is doing something.
This discussion has been closed.