Annoying week.

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
So this past weekend my girlfriend visited me in Philly, so we walked a LOT. Well my flip flops ended up giving me blisters on the top of my foot, directly behind my big toe. Possibly the most annoying place I've ever had a blister, because every time I'd take a step it'd hurt. So, this has kept me from running all week - I tried monday but it hurt too much. Now I am finally mostly healed up I'm giving blood, and they advised me to stay out of the gym for the day. And then tomorrow I'm travelling, so no run then either.

Grrr! I wanted to break 7 miles this week!
I feel gross and lazy :(

Replies

• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Sorry you had a bad week. I get annoyed when I can't run or workout either. People know to watch out because I am usually grumpy!! :laugh: But sometimes we need that little break.
    I am sure you will be back better than ever after the next few days!

Dani
  • lexi0616
    Options
    I know, blisters suck...:frown:
  • kendra1976
    kendra1976 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ouch.. Try vodka on your blister.. I know that's random, but a friend told me about it and she swears by it..

13. If a blister opens, pour vodka over the raw skin as a local anesthetic that also disinfects the exposed dermis.

from this website.. http://www.tummyfluff.co.uk/news/vodka.htm
  • dcturcotte
    Options
    I know what you mean man, my hip has been hurting for over a week I can't run at all