10 pounds by June challenge starts Thursday!

Options

Replies

• Chris_Pierce
    Chris_Pierce Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    10 pounds by June 1st??

ETA: If so, that's not healthy, unless of course you have a lot weight to lose. JS

There's nothing wrong with it. Don't stave yourself. Just do more cardio. I've lost 13 pounds in 6 weeks or so. It's not hard. Just do more cardio. I eat nearly 3000 calories a day and feel really healthy.
  • ladyu
    ladyu Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    me me me!
  • Irishb118
    Irishb118 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just started, so count me in! I need all the support I can get!
  • carlystirland
    Options
    I'm in.
  • DEPick
    DEPick Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Has anyone started a group for this challenge?

just did

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/21213-10lbs-by-june
  • WorkinMyWayToFit
    Options
    Will you be starting a Group or just doing posts on this thread?
  • Amy510w
    Amy510w Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! Count me in!
  • WorkinMyWayToFit
    Options
    Has anyone started a group for this challenge?

just did

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/21213-10lbs-by-june

AWESOME:drinker:
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    10lbs is a bit aggressive in only 4 weeks, but we all go at our own pace anyway, and why not set the bar high? No one is asking anyone else to be unhealthy, we all have to "ride our own ride."

I'm IN!
  • Belleartist
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan can I join?
  • dotcita
    dotcita Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just joined. Thanks for doing this. I am looking forward to completing the goal.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    10 pounds in 4 weeks?

For 90% of you, that's seriously pushing it. I see plenty of failure in the near future.

Not meaning to be a downer, but don't set yourselves up for something that is unhealthy and extremely difficult to achieve. Do you all intend on eating 800 calories every day? You'd have to run a deficit of 1200 calories PER DAY. If I did that, I'd be eating 1600 calories/day, and I exercise a lot (TDEE of 2800kcal/day).

Be realistic, healthy, and you'll lose the weight in time. Trying to rush it and lose it all now is going to put you right back at the weight you're at right now.
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I'm in.....good luck all :)
  • dotcita
    dotcita Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Can you tell me how you did your cute little weight tracker? Thanks.

Go to https://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker/create . From there choose your ticker type. Unless you are prepared for extra work click the premade ticker and follow the directions from there.

Hope it helps.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    10 pounds in 4 weeks?

For 90% of you, that's seriously pushing it. I see plenty of failure in the near future.

Not meaning to be a downer, but don't set yourselves up for something that is unhealthy and extremely difficult to achieve. Do you all intend on eating 800 calories every day? You'd have to run a deficit of 1200 calories PER DAY. If I did that, I'd be eating 1600 calories/day, and I exercise a lot (TDEE of 2800kcal/day).

Be realistic, healthy, and you'll lose the weight in time. Trying to rush it and lose it all now is going to put you right back at the weight you're at right now.

^^^
    This...10 is realistic for some in 4 weeks, but not all (or even most I would say). This could be more damaging than good...my opinion of course. We're all entitled to do this our own way.
  • My birthday is June 6th, 10 less lbs would be a wonderful b-day present. I am older so the weight loss will be a challenge for me but I have decided that I need to walk 2 miles at lunch everyday and this excludes my after work runs/spin classes. Just trying to step up my game so I am in! :)
  • terra_lynne07
    Options
    10 pounds in 4 weeks?

^^^
    This...10 is realistic for some in 4 weeks, but not all (or even most I would say). This could be more damaging than good...my opinion of course. We're all entitled to do this our own way.

I think it's more for bringing everyone together to work toward one common goal. Losing ten pounds is difficult, but depending on the physical state of the person, can be attainable. People are going to land beneath the ten pound line, and some people will land on it. It's a fun and motivational way to give people (like myself) a kick in the butt to start their journey to weight loss and health.
  • Forgot to say that 10 pounds for ME may not be achievable but not for some of you. I am going to shoot for 10 and if I only lose 6 pounds, that's okay.
  • hirstrl
    hirstrl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am interested!! We can do it!!
  • Miss_TeaPot
    Miss_TeaPot Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I could use the challenge for motivation!