Hey, I am new and have a quick question?

Options
On top of cardio, I lift weights anywhere from 1 hour 15 min -> to 1 hour 30 min a day 4x a week! How can I enter the calories burned from these workouts? The only calories entered are the ones I burn through my running and any cardio excersizes I do.

Thanks in advance,

Marty

Replies

• vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Under cardio - choose strength training - I'm guessing it's not totally accurate, but it will at least give you something. Otherwise others have suggested a Heart Rate Monitor - that calculates calories burned based on your own heart rate.

Vickie
  • MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Do you wear a HRM?
    If so, you can enter the exercises into the database and put a calories burned value in.
    I actually added my strength training in under Cardio so it would have the calories burned option since I wear HRM.
    But, otherwise, since you generally don't burn as much doing strength as you do with cardio...it's not listed since I am assuming it's not necessarily the focus of weight training.
  • ladouleurexquise
    ladouleurexquise Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    not sure how accurate it is, but if you go to cardio and enter "strength training" it allows u to enter calories burned. for me, it has me burning 33 calories per 10 minutes. hope that helps!
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    If you interval that with some cardio you could enter under boot camp. My boot camp classes combine both weight and cardio so maybe that is an option for you in terms of logging!:drinker: