Star Wars Episode VII

Options

Replies

• Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    How sad is it that the only thing giving me hope for these is that George Lucas is NOT doing them.

And for anyone who hasn't seen The People Vs. George Lucas it's on Netflix and it's excellent.

thanks, going to watch it tonight.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    They should start the movie with Jar-Jar Binks getting sucked into a hyper drive and disintegrated into his base atoms. . . then shot and drowned in lava. .

If they do that. . I'll go.
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    They should start the movie with Jar-Jar Binks getting sucked into a hyper drive and disintegrated into his base atoms. . . then shot and drowned in lava. .

If they do that. . I'll go.

Scratch that. .instead of Jar Jar.. George Lucas.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm like this girl:

excited-gif.gif

Star Wars Fan Girl for life!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    post-6399-MRW-I-finally-realise-what-MRW-Whyg.gif
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to see what Abrams will do with it. And I can't lie, I'm kind of excited for it :smile:
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    AlistairBernardNormal Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I'm trying not to get my hopes up for this after the disappointment of the prequels.

I am trying as well...but failing. Just like last time.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to stand in line for hours to see it.

I will see it.

I am not going to get my hopes up because I've been disappointed by the last Star Wars films.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I'm exited about it. I'm probably in the minority though in that I liked Episodes I-III. They were definitely not as great as the originals, but they were fun to watch.

Cheers to the minority! I enjoyed them too. I also find it interesting that people who say they didn't like them struggle to come up with what I consider to be viable reasons. I felt they did an excellent job with them.
  • BehindtheMic
    BehindtheMic Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I really don't think you can use the last SW films as guides for these because with Ep 7 there is pretty much new everything behind the scenes.

That being said I am a fan of ALL of the Star Wars movies.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I'm exited about it. I'm probably in the minority though in that I liked Episodes I-III. They were definitely not as great as the originals, but they were fun to watch.

Cheers to the minority! I enjoyed them too. I also find it interesting that people who say they didn't like them struggle to come up with what I consider to be viable reasons. I felt they did an excellent job with them.

Reason 1:
    Hayden Christensen was/is a horrible actor

Reason 2:
    Jar Jar
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Not nearly as excited as I was when they succesfully resurrected the original Star Trek storyline. Yep, I went there.

tumblr_m700vfzTmv1r99egpo1_500.jpg
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    They should have stopped the series after the Empire Strikes Back. Everything after that is just a merchandise selling vehicle
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Anyone else excited about the fact that filming has started and the Offical Cast list has been released?

No.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Reason 1:

Reason 2:
    Jar Jar

Not viable.

1. Hayden is *SO* hot and very believable as an Angry Young Man.

2. Jar Jar is funny and flat-out lovable.

:smokin:
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options

Reason 1:

Reason 2:
    Jar Jar

I didn't *mind* I-III. Hayden Christensen wasn't terrible in Episode III, but he wasn't awesome.

Though I will add child-Anakin to the list of "couldn't stand". Most annoying was a toss up between him, and Jar Jar.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    They should have stopped the series after the Empire Strikes Back. Everything after that is just a merchandise selling vehicle

19cdpj5zd2ue6gif.gif

"Return of the Jedi"

O

M

G
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Reason 1:

Reason 2:
    Jar Jar

Not viable.

1. Hayden is *SO* hot and very believable as an Angry Young Man.

2. Jar Jar is funny and flat-out lovable.

:smokin:

Keep smokin, lady
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    I think they should go back to old school models and motion capture.
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yes, very excited! Stoked!