Why am I gaining weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Also hate to disagree but muscle and fat 1 pound is still 1 pound. It just looks diffrerent! one pound bag of popcorn versus 1 pound block of cheese!

One cubic foot of fat weighs less than 1 cubic foot of muscle (this is what people mean when they say muscle weighs more than fat, arguing anything else is just semantics and not worth your time, we all know what they mean when they say it.

If you have the same size bag of popcorn it will weigh less than the same size bag of cheese, why argue, this is what they mean. Everyone knows that one pound equals one pound but people are comparing same volume, not same weight, why is that so hard for some people to grasp.
  • Nano911
    Nano911 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Weight fluctuates, it might be a good idea to pick a healthy weight range to give yourself some wiggle room to go up and down. If you are trying to lose body fat you should get a device that measures body fat like a scale that includes body fat percentage or use a tape measure or even more accurate a caliper.

I also do P90X and have been doing it for a little more than 6 months now. It is a great workout but more than that it will continue to keep you working twards finding the best nutrition and exercise program to help you meet your goals. Keep up the good work and keep experimenting with you diet and exercise until you feel you are doing what you need to be doing to reach your goals. This is a journey and you are doing it...everyones journey is different!!
  • freightdiva
    freightdiva Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    For a long time I didn't know what people did mean by that. I would work out and per the scale would not lose but it also wasn't showing my fat percentages going down. So I brought it up to my WW leader and He told this analogy I understood this better that is why I thought I would share it. Made more sense to me.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Maybe try calorie cycling. On a regular 15oo calorie plan you can do:

day one 1200 calories
    day two 1600 calories
    day three 1400 calories
    day four 2200 calories (splurge)
    day five 1200 calories
    day six 1600 calories
    day seven 1400 calories.