Obligatory 'yes, hi, hello' post

Options
Yes hello my name is Hunter! I'm 19 and up until a few weeks ago I was perfectly content with living my life at 200+. I had just cracked open my spring/summer wardrobe only to have a couple alarming thoughts run through my head.

'oh crap none of this fits'

'wait have i really been wearing the same 3 pairs of sweatpants for weeks now'

'when was the last time i even saw a size that wasn't plus i don't even'

So yeah I decided to take life by the horns and adopt a new, healthier lifestyle. I've tried before when the trials of high-school life got to be too much for my adolescent mind to handle, but it always ended in a feeling of intense failure and a pint of Ben and Jerry's. This time around I'm not going to go the whole '1200 calories or bust' route, as I've done my research and realized "oh hey bmr and tdee are kind of important'. I'm going to try and get into some form of cardio (I've been to a few Zumba classes and they weren't too bad) and bodyweight exercises ( I have no idea where to start with that though ahhahah).

A little bit about me, I'm a gas station employee that tried the whole 'college' thing and it didn't quite work out. I live with my mom (the source of my bad eating habits) and my two cats, Loki and Jackson. They're my babies and if push came to shove I'd make sure they were fed before I was. I enjoy browsing the internet, listening to music, and playing piano. (Long walks on the beach, yadda yadda blah blah blah)

tl;dr, I'm a pretty fun person I guess and I'd love to have some support. I'm kind of late on the uptake as I'm just now posting my introduction, but hey. Nobody's perfect.

Replies

• Trad_Barbie
    Trad_Barbie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yes hello my name is Hunter! I'm 19 and up until a few weeks ago I was perfectly content with living my life at 200+. I had just cracked open my spring/summer wardrobe only to have a couple alarming thoughts run through my head.

'oh crap none of this fits'

'wait have i really been wearing the same 3 pairs of sweatpants for weeks now'

'when was the last time i even saw a size that wasn't plus i don't even'

So yeah I decided to take life by the horns and adopt a new, healthier lifestyle. I've tried before when the trials of high-school life got to be too much for my adolescent mind to handle, but it always ended in a feeling of intense failure and a pint of Ben and Jerry's. This time around I'm not going to go the whole '1200 calories or bust' route, as I've done my research and realized "oh hey bmr and tdee are kind of important'. I'm going to try and get into some form of cardio (I've been to a few Zumba classes and they weren't too bad) and bodyweight exercises ( I have no idea where to start with that though ahhahah).

A little bit about me, I'm a gas station employee that tried the whole 'college' thing and it didn't quite work out. I live with my mom (the source of my bad eating habits) and my two cats, Loki and Jackson. They're my babies and if push came to shove I'd make sure they were fed before I was. I enjoy browsing the internet, listening to music, and playing piano. (Long walks on the beach, yadda yadda blah blah blah)

tl;dr, I'm a pretty fun person I guess and I'd love to have some support. I'm kind of late on the uptake as I'm just now posting my introduction, but hey. Nobody's perfect.

:flowerforyou: Hi there! Welcome! My fitness goals are different from yours, but motivation isn't goal specific, right?
  • Clendenen49
    Clendenen49 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Its a good thing you are starting now at 19 years old. It should be easy for the weight to melt off and keep it off with the right mindset. Wish you luck :)
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I can relate to you in many ways. Glad you discovered the wonders of not eating 1200 calories/day. Good luck and congrats on the loss so far! :smile:
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    This will work for you, because you sound determined.