the fat loves my body

Options
2»

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Id recommend an HRM as well to really determine your calorie burn numbers.

Doesn't really help with weight workouts though.

OP, if you've just started this intense workout with your trainer, your stall could be attributed to water retention. Gotta repair those muscles somehow, and you mentioned how sore you were getting.

Start being more accurate with intake and calorie burns right now though. It may end up helping you now, and it certainly will in the future when you get closer to goal.
  • Jordan_Gregers
    Jordan_Gregers Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of time in the gym! Weights are great, but unless you are doing a cardio lifting program they don't really burn that many calories. I usually log about 120 calories for every hour I do weights (and I rarely do any lifting for longer than 45 minutes, I hate it... :P). Also, if you really are lifting that much, are you noticing any changes in your physique? Do you feel stronger? Fitter? Are you losing inches off your waist or hips? It helps to track those. I haven't lost a pound for 2 weeks, but I just checked my measurements today and I've lost 1/2 an inch off my waist and hips. There are other ways to measure your fitness than the scale maybe?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I suspect inaccurate logging. I see a lot of meals out, which means that your calorie counts are likely off. Possibly by a lot. I'd start with this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

and this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Measure your body. Weigh your food. Get a food scale. They are cheap and an asset. Log every morsel you put into your mouth. A lot of your days you did not log after lunch. Also be honest about how much you are eating. This means actually weighing all that Chinese food you have been eating. If it is from a take out place you actually have no idea how many calories are in it and MFP database is not reliable for that kind of stuff. If your take out place does not have calorie info I would get it from a big chain that does.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    OP, it looks like you may be eating out a lot. Is that accurate? You can totally lose weight while eating out, but you may have to put up with more jumps and stalls in your weight because of the sodium and because you have less control of the food.

A lot of your entries look like estimations or generic entries that are "close" to what you ate. The less accurate your logging is the more likely you are to be overeating without realizing it. You need to either get more serious about accuracy or start eating less and hope that it puts you in a calorie deficit.
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    As many have pointed out, you likely would benefit from more accurate logging. It's really common to overestimate what we burn and underestimate what we eat. If you get to a point where you're weighing everything you eat and your exercise/TDEE estimates are solid and still not losing, then it's time to go to the doctor as you likely have something that's off that's impeding weight loss. But, you won't really know that until you weigh everything you eat and figure out a good estimate for your burn.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You only log part time and when you do it is Krispy Kreme, Pizza, Chipotle, Chinese.... I eat out a lot too so I understand but those calories add up fast. Log accurately (including exercise calories) - use a scale for solids and measuring cups for liquids and make some meals at home and I bet you'll see better results on the scale.