I need some advice

Options
I have been logging my food for the last three days and I have noticed that everyday I go -protein. Is this really a bad thing?

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Not really enough info here to answer your question. Your Diary is not public, I don't know what percent protein you are trying to hit each day, I don't know what your calorie goal is I don't know what your overall goal is.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Are you saying you get no protein???
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    If you're on the original MFP protein setting then, no, no problem going over it. A lot of people customise their macros so protein is higher.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Unless you've set some odd macros, it should be fine. The MFP default is pretty low protein and should be seen as a minimum, not a maximum.
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Yup, if you can make your diary public then we can take a look and give better advice. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but maybe you need to shift the proportions of your carbs, proteins and fats a little?
  • momof5wonderful
    Options
    MFP has set a goal of 68 grams of protein a day, and everyday I go over that amount. Like today I had 117 grams
  • ashleylynn39
    ashleylynn39 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    although I go mostly with MFP's nutrition goals for me, I do not go by their protein goals... I eat almost twice as much protein as they recommend. I eat between 100-120 grams per day while they recommend about 60. after I started eating a high protein, lower carb diet I stopped having cravings and being hungry. now I eat small meals (300 cals or less) every 3 hours or so and have no cravings between meals.
    :)
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Oh, you're going over it. You're fine.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    MFP has set a goal of 68 grams of protein a day, and everyday I go over that amount. Like today I had 117 grams

Oh....much better to have 117g than 68g in my opinion, 68g seems low to me. If you are exercising in addition to calorie restricting its a good idea to have as much as 1g per pound of lean mass so I'm guessing 117g is pretty good for you honestly, better than the MFP suggested 68 which seems low.
  • momof5wonderful
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    Bottom line you are not going to eat too much protein, there is no such thing.

Well okay I'm sure there is such a thing, anything taken in in huge quantities probably causes issues with your kidneys or liver but I mean at any reasonable intake where you aren't force-feeding yourself thousands of calories of pure meat then there isn't such a thing as too much protein.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    protein is good mmmmm protein...:flowerforyou: