chipotle!!

Options
i just can't imagine not allowing myself chipotle every few weeks or so, i think everyone can agree that it's perfection. i know they offer a lot of super healthy items (even vegan things in some areas?) so i was wondering what you guys get there??

I usually get a salad bowl with black beans, brown rice, corn, extra lettuce, fajita vegetables (freaking YUM) and i just have to have guac (avocados are my favorite ever) and overall it's 630 calories which to be honest isn't that bad of a dinner especially for a restaurant! I usually cut back a bit on the days i know i'm going just to be safe. :)

also, if you didn't know, they have the nutrition calculator online and you can make your own meal and see what it totals to be, or look at special diet needs (gluten free, etc) ! it's pretty genius.

the only big issue is how much sodium is in these meals! it's insane. luckily, i'm never big on sodium anyways, so it's just these rare occasions when it's like an overload haha.

Replies

• ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    i loooooove chipotle. i get it once a month, guilt free. i get a barbacoa burrito (tried going bowl but i miss the tortilla too much and it didn't sate my cravings) with pinto beans, brown rice, cheese, sour cream and hot salsa. mmmmmmmm.

it's just over a 1,000 cals but... it's my once in a while treat so i don't sweat it. i know this doesn't help if you're looking for low cal options lol
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    My "My Foods" section contains about 8 or 9 different Chipotle combos, and then I finally gave up and just found/entered all of my usual ingredients separately so I could build my meal here in MFP each time :laugh: . I change what I get every time I go, depending on what I'm feeling like and what my macros look like for the day. There are 2 guarantees: I will always get sour cream, and I will never bother with tortillas. Past that, I get some combo of white rice, black beans, veggies (actually, I always get veggies), chicken or steak, any of the salsas, sour cream, cheese, and guac (edit: oh, and lettuce. Always lettuce. I often get a salad, too, instead of bowl w/ rice.). Lol, that really narrows it down. :love:
  • bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I love me some Chipotle. I get a burrito with barbacoa, brown rice, pinto beans, lettuce, an hot salsa. It comes in around 900 calories. I just plan my day so it fits into my goals. Same thing with pizza or chicken wings. I know there is no way I could go without ever eating them again, so I plan for them. Those type of things are my little reward.
  • iwantmydenimback
    iwantmydenimback Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i loooooove chipotle. i get it once a month, guilt free. i get a barbacoa burrito (tried going bowl but i miss the tortilla too much and it didn't sate my cravings) with pinto beans, brown rice, cheese, sour cream and hot salsa. mmmmmmmm.

it's just over a 1,000 cals but... it's my once in a while treat so i don't sweat it. i know this doesn't help if you're looking for low cal options lol

do a bowl and ask for the taco tortillas on the side! i do that all the time and only eat 1 or 2 of them, and then i get the fix without the freaking like, 400 calorie burrito tortilla.

i get the same exact fillings every time i go - white rice, black beans, fajita veg, and guac. no more, no less. my level of tortilla depends on the day and my macros, sometimes boyfriend and i both get bowls and we split a burrito tortilla on the side, sometimes i get tacos (100 calories and many carbs fewer than a burrito) and sometimes i just feel like bein a fatty and go HAM on a burrito. this is typically a day when i wash the car or move furniture.

guh. i'm going to go get a bowl for lunch now. damnit haha
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Love Chipotle! I always get the veg salad with cheese and sour cream I'm not watching it. Side of chips and guac if I'm really not watching it :)
  • dreamerearthchild
    Options
    I love me some Chipotle. I get a burrito with barbacoa, brown rice, pinto beans, lettuce, an hot salsa. It comes in around 900 calories. I just plan my day so it fits into my goals. Same thing with pizza or chicken wings. I know there is no way I could go without ever eating them again, so I plan for them. Those type of things are my little reward.

i totally agree! I couldn't live without my favorite foods, what a miserable life that would be haha. its better to allow it and plan for them!
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    There's no Chipotle around where I live, but I did go to one once and loved it.
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options

do a bowl and ask for the taco tortillas on the side! i do that all the time and only eat 1 or 2 of them, and then i get the fix without the freaking like, 400 calorie burrito tortilla.

i actually went to the website to compare and adding the taco tortillas is about the same calories as my burrito. it's about a 40 cal difference which is negligible xD i'll stick to my burrito haha
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love their steak. I usually only eat beef 2 or 3 times per month (my husband is pescetarian and I don't really like to prep/cook meat so we don't buy it for me at the supermarket) and those Chipotle steak bits are right up there with my favorite burger or a bulgogi bibimbap for when I do order beef!

My typical Chipotle order is a burrito bowl with the cilantro lime rice, black beans, steak, lettuce and sour cream (no cheese or salsa).

I like their chicken too, but man...that steak is awesome.

ETA: tonight we're having burrito bowls at home...not as good as Chipotle of course, but really good with some brown rice, black beans, sautéed fajita veggies, lettuce, cheese, salsa, and avocado on top. Mmm
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I would not agree that it is perfection. but there are certainly worse choices out there..

I would say to stay away from the sauces and too much rice. I'd pick cheese over sour cream (well I'd have both, but if you have to choose that's what i'd do). get a lot of the veggies. :)

I hear the chips are gluten free there.. so healthy right?? :flowerforyou:
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options

ETA: tonight we're having burrito bowls at home...not as good as Chipotle of course, but really good with some brown rice, black beans, sautéed fajita veggies, lettuce, cheese, salsa, and avocado on top. Mmm

There are a ton of great copycat Chipotle recipes floating around the internet, give em a google! I am crazy in love with their corn salsa and barbacoa, and now I can make them both!
  • CitizenXVIII
    CitizenXVIII Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Crispy, corn-shelled taco trio: Barbacoa, fajita veggies, salsa verde, shredded lettuce. 420 calories for all 3; best eating out Mexican itch-scratcher I've found.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I get the burrito bowl with brown rice, black beans, chicken, cheese, mild and corn salsas, guacamole, and lettuce. If I've had a big workout or have missed a meal that day (which happens a lot when I sleep in on the weekends) I can have the whole thing. Otherwise I save half for lunch the next day. My bowl has 875 calories but also 55g of protein and 32% of my daily recommendation of iron, which is something I struggle to get enough of. I only wish the sodium wasn't sky high. Sometimes I skip the cheese if I'm trying to cut back on the fat, but the guacamole is a must for me!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    The burrito bowls can be awesome for calories and macros.
  • love_faithfulness
    Options
    Chipotle is great. I actually ate only chipotle for 30 days as a bet and I still love it. I use it on cheat days to go all out on a burrito. And on non cheat days I get the bowls or salads
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    double steak burrito, extra cheese, extra veggies. Great macros.
  • Agatefairy
    Agatefairy Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Now I'm really hungry for Chipolte and there isn't one in sight. :sad:
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Seems like lately we are eating there once a week. However, I am always under my caloric goal, so it's not a problem eating a fat *kitten* bowl. Steak and chicken, white rice, pinto beans, peppers and onions, tomato, corn, lil bit of cheese. Here is the value of that bowl

TOTALS
    890 calories
    28 total fat
    10 saturated fat
    0 trans fat
    220 cholesterol
    2495 sodium
    82 carbs
    16 fiber
    11 sugars
    82.5 protein
    39% vitamin a