Super EZ, 3 Ingredient, Not so bad for you, Comfort Foods

xDeannaGarciax
xDeannaGarciax Posts: 675
edited September 22 in Recipes
I got these recipes from http://HungryGirl.com and I couldn't, not share them with you all.

I know Shepard's Pie is a favorite in my house, something I probably make twice a month for my family, something my mom use to make for me as a kid, defenitly would be classified as a Comfort Food in our home, especially with it getting cooler outside. Although when I make mine I use homemade beef stew which is another way to switch it up a little, and it's probably just as healthy as this recipe if not more so. This sounds amazing to me because I'm switching up the veggies from what were use too in our families Shepard's Pie and the meat. I'm intrested in seeing how my family likes it, they really <3 our homemade beef stew but this might be a nice little twist (and I'm in LOVE with chessy Veggies:bigsmile: ) The other recipes are great too, ENJOY!!

Super-Cheesy Crazy-EZ Shepherd's Pie

PER SERVING (1/6th of recipe): 139 calories, 2.5g fat, 842mg sodium, 22g carbs, 5.5g fiber, 4g sugars, 10g protein -- POINTS® value 2*
Pre-cheesed frozen veggies and instant mashies are what allow us to have a cheese-tastic trio in which cheese is NOT one of the three ingredients! THAT. ROCKS.

Ingredients:
One 24-oz. bag (about 6 cups) frozen Green Giant Family Size Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower & Cheese Sauce
1 pouch Betty Crocker Cheddar & Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes
2 cups frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles (like the kind by Boca or Morningstar Farms)
Optional: salt, black pepper, additional spices

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Place contents of the veggies & sauce bag in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave for 8 - 10 minutes, until mostly thawed.

Meanwhile, in a medium-large bowl, combine contents of potato pouch with 2 cups hot water, and stir until thickened. Set aside.

Spray an 8" X 8" baking pan with nonstick spray. Add soy crumbles to the pan and evenly distribute along the bottom. Evenly spoon saucy vegetables over the soy crumbles. Evenly top with potato mixture, using a spatula or spoon to smooth out the surface.

Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until filling is hot and potato layer is slightly crispy.

Divide into sixths. If you like, season to taste with salt, pepper, and additional spices. Enjoy!

MAKES 6 SERVINGS

HG Alternative! If you can't locate Green Giant's Family Size bag of saucy veggies, use two of the Valley Fresh Steamers 12-oz. boxes or two of the standard 10-oz. boxes instead.

"Twice-Baked" Mexi-tato

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 195 calories, 0.25g fat, 556mg sodium, 41g carbs, 3.25g fiber, 3.5g sugars, 9g protein -- POINTS® value 3*
Confession time: This recipe is actually once microwaved and once baked. But it's delicious and ready to eat WAY sooner than its twice-baked buddies!

Ingredients:
One 7-oz. russet potato
3 tbsp. salsa
1 slice fat-free cheddar cheese
Optional toppings: fat-free sour cream, chopped scallions

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Puncture potato in several places with a fork. Peel off and discard a section of the skin from the top part of the potato, about an inch wide and running most of the potato's length. (Leave a half-inch or so of skin on each end.) Cook potato in the microwave for 6 - 8 minutes. Once potato is cool enough to handle, scoop out the insides from the peeled section, leaving behind an empty potato shell. Set shell aside.

In a small bowl, combine potato pulp with salsa. Mash thoroughly, until well mixed. Spoon potato mixture back into the potato shell, and lay cheese slice over the potato filling.

Place potato in a baking pan sprayed lightly with nonstick spray, and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, until potato is hot and cheese is melted.

Serve and, if you like, top with sour cream and scallions. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Tuna Noodle Casse-bowl

PER SERVING (1/2 of recipe): 255 calories, 6g fat, 913mg sodium, 12.5g carbs, 4.75g fiber, 0g sugars, 38g protein -- POINTS® value 5*
We call this a "casse-bowl" because it's a casserole that's made in a bowl. But maybe you already figured that out. Whatever, it's AWESOME!

Ingredients:
2 bags House Foods Tofu Shirataki Fettuccine Shaped Noodle Substitute
Two 5-oz. cans albacore tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
3/4 cup 98% fat-free cream of mushroom condensed soup
Optional: salt, black pepper, garlic powder

Directions:
Use a strainer to rinse and drain noodles well. Pat dry. In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave for 1 minute. Drain excess liquid. Dry as thoroughly as possible, using paper towels. Cut noodles up a bit, using kitchen shears if you've got 'em.

Add tuna and soup to the bowl with the noodles. Mix thoroughly. Microwave for 2 minutes, or until hot.

Mix well and, if you like, season to taste with optional ingredients. Serve it up!

MAKES 2 SERVINGS

Replies

• Yummy!!! I haven't had Shepard's Pie in forever!
  • Wow those sound delish! Bump!
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Just be careful- Hungry Girl usually loads her recipes up with high-sodium and heavily processed items. They may save a few minutes, but certainly are not good for you :(
  • barbosa22
    barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
    PUMP
  • Just be careful- Hungry Girl usually loads her recipes up with high-sodium and heavily processed items. They may save a few minutes, but certainly are not good for you :(

Thanks :) But I constantly modify meals, I always keep an eye on all nutritoun facts with everything I cook/eat for instance instead of boxed potatoes I'll make my own homemade potatoes and I use ground Turkey over ground beef. That keeps sodium in check as well as cut's back on other things too. :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.