Jillian's Credentials & Techniques Criticized

Options
I know there are a lot of people who swear by her training programs, but apparently some fitness experts aren't fans:

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/health-experts-call-foul-on-jillian-michaels-regimen--1642

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Training program is largely about sticking to it. She doesn't inspire me personally, because I do find the endorsement of diet pills and her concepts of dieting repulsive. But if she is getting people commit to exercising on a regular basis, that's the important factor. Idk, maybe this is a good reason to avoid her weight training or kettle bell workouts but to me a lot of these guys seem steamed cuz she's "not a real fitness instructor, she just plays one on TV"-

Bottom line, maybe it's only cuz of the flash that people stick to it, but if the flash keeps you coming back, that is - in my book anyway- a success
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of Jillian's mainly because I don't like her "motivation" technique. Someone screaming and yelling just doesn't do it for me. However, I have friends who have her DVDs and have had great success and they love her. To each his own I suppose.

When her Yoga DVD came out I read several articles similar to this one stating she knew nothing about Yoga and wasn't certified to instruct much less release a DVD.
  • rosef17
    rosef17 Posts: 89
    Options
    Personally I think that is why she yells, she knows nothing about being a trainer. I have a problem with someone who does an exercise video and does not exercise in it. I am doing Turbo Jam and the original Jane Fonda's and Billy Blank - they all do the exercises.