Nipple Piercing? Tattoo?

Options
shelbz09
shelbz09 Posts: 115
Does anybody have any nipple piercings?
I am looking for feedback and advice..

I am really wanting to do something crazy since I am graduating college.. HOWEVER. i have a huge anxiety problem and my biggest fear is needles....

but... i want to break away from the person i am and embrace my new life. I REALLY want to get a tattoo on my shoulder as well.....

anybody have any advice on nipple piercings and tattoos for a scared newbie.....

i heard about numbing creams......

Replies

• rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Get the piercing, they grow back. Tattoos are forever, they age horribly, and most people who aren't completely covered in them end up regretting it when they grow up whether they will admit it or not....
  • Xxoxo
    Xxoxo Posts: 233
    Options
    Ugh, I want a nipple piercing sooooo bad, and I also want a tiny cursive tattoo on my back one day.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Get the piercing, they grow back. Tattoos are forever, they age horribly, and most people who aren't completely covered in them end up regretting it when they grow up whether they will admit it or not....

Ignorance in a quote box... Love it.

I've seen plenty of old people with tattoos that look great.

Anyways, everyone is afraid of their first tattoo or piercing. I can't really have piercings anymore but I got mine when I was young (18ish). Same with my tattoos. Sure they hurt but it's really not that bad. Just talk to a good tattoo artist, he'll have recommendations so your first doesn't hurt too bad.

I've used numbing cream before (my back will twitch a lot) and they help a LITTLE.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    Tattoos ;)
  • SuperSammi22
    SuperSammi22 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

Anyways, everyone is afraid of their first tattoo or piercing. I can't really have piercings anymore but I got mine when I was young (18ish). Same with my tattoos. Sure they hurt but it's really not that bad. Just talk to a good tattoo artist, he'll have recommendations so your first doesn't hurt too bad.

I've used numbing cream before (my back will twitch a lot) and they help a LITTLE.

^Agree 100% with this awesome person right here. I have never really pierced anything besides my ears, so I can't really speak from experience to benefit you in that category. But I do have tattoos. And I appreciate and love every single one of them. There is pain, granted, but its bearable. And definitely worth it. I would recommend getting something small for your first tattoo, that way if you want more/larger ones, you know what to expect.
  • rm33064
    Options

Ha! You've seen much more people that didn't.... A lot of people get tattoos when they are young then act like they don't regret the stupid thing on their back that doesn't even reflect their personality 30 years later. The person who invents cheap, easy, and painless tatt removal is going to make trillions $$$
  • rm33064
    Options

^Agree 100% with this awesome person right here. I have never really pierced anything besides my ears, so I can't really speak from experience to benefit you in that category. But I do have tattoos. And I appreciate and love every single one of them. There is pain, granted, but its bearable. And definitely worth it. I would recommend getting something small for your first tattoo, that way if you want more/larger ones, you know what to expect.

Quoth the 21 year old you.... Ahh to be young and invincible again....
  • mrphil86
    Options

Quoth the 21 year old you.... Ahh to be young and invincible again....

Amazing! I agree that we should shave with salt water!

GENIUS!
  • rm33064
    Options
    If you must get tattoos take care that you get them in easily concealable places. I've spent decades in corporate management and cannot stress enough that you should not get any job killers. IE tattoos on the face neck or hands. That makes you mostly unemployable. Also keep in mind that if you get something on your calf or arms/shoulders be prepared to wear pants and or long sleeves to work the rest of your life or else you have to cover it them with a large bandages. Not the most attractive option. Got an ankle tatt? Forget those cute shoes the rest of the women get to wear. I see socks in your future... Use your brain, you are going to grow up and have responsibilities. Don't do anything that will limit you in the future.
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I have two tattoos. One, as it happens, is of a nipple piercing. The other, located on my left forearm, is of a mirror. That way, when I am out on a date and the girl wants to check her makeup, I just roll up my sleeve.
  • mrphil86
    Options
    If you must get tattoos take care that you get them in easily concealable places. I've spent decades in corporate management and cannot stress enough that you should not get any job killers. IE tattoos on the face neck or hands. That makes you mostly unemployable. Also keep in mind that if you get something on your calf or arms/shoulders be prepared to wear pants and or long sleeves to work the rest of your life or else you have to cover it them with a large bandages. Not the most attractive option. Got an ankle tatt? Forget those cute shoes the rest of the women get to wear. I see socks in your future... Use your brain, you are going to grow up and have responsibilities. Don't do anything that will limit you in the future.

1388265287624.jpg

While I agree... kinda...

Not everyone wants to work a corporate job. If you are telling me that all good jobs require to conceal your tattoos than that's just asinine.

I may be in the Navy but I have friends who work corporate jobs who have sleeves, leg tats, ect... (And no they do not regret them.) I do agree that a neck tat is a killer.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Nipple piercings hurt, but were bearable.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Does anybody have any nipple piercings?
    I am looking for feedback and advice..

I am really wanting to do something crazy since I am graduating college.. HOWEVER. i have a huge anxiety problem and my biggest fear is needles....

but... i want to break away from the person i am and embrace my new life. I REALLY want to get a tattoo on my shoulder as well.....

anybody have any advice on nipple piercings and tattoos for a scared newbie.....

i heard about numbing creams......

I don't have one, but I'm a fan of them on men.

Unfortunately the military is less of a fan so what was once there is now gone.
  • rm33064
    Options

1388265287624.jpg

Not everyone wants to work a corporate job. If you are telling me that all good jobs require to conceal your tattoos than that's just asinine.

I may be in the Navy but I have friends who work corporate jobs who have sleeves, leg tats, ect... (And no they do not regret them.) I do agree that a neck tat is a killer.

There are always exceptions bust most jobs, corporate or mom and pop require a clean cut professional appearance and most will have you cover your tattoos. Many employers also look down on people with a lot of tattoos whether it's fair or not it happens everyday. Some people are paid less and have less opportunity for advancement because of "certain appearances". Life is hard enough without you getting in your own way before you even know any better.
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    get both!

I got my nipples done. Everyone's pain tolerance is different, but I don't think they hurt that bad at all. just make sure you clean them well so they don't get all nasty and infected. if you have any other questions feel free to message me.
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Have both. How it feels to get a tattoo depends on location and other factors, it can be anywhere from a minor annoyance to painful. Fleshier areas (fleshy part of shoulder) tend to hurt less while those less fleshy (top of foot) can hurt more. It can feel like a hot razor blade just under the skin.

Nipple piercing feels different for different people, mine hurt like hell for a couple seconds and then was fine. The needle used is hollow and actually removes a small piece to create the hole.

Both require after treatment, the tattoo should be kept moist ointment and covered. The piercing must be kept clean and can take months to fully heal.

My opinion, get what you want. If you have a tattoo design in mind that has some meaning to you then go for, if it's some random pic from an artists portfolio then maybe the piercing is a better idea for now. If you decide you no longer like the piercing just take it out, the tattoo isn't as easy to remove if you change your mind.

Also remember that placement can be important depending on your future profession and also that some people can be very judgmental.

Hope this helps, good luck.
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Rihanna does...

Lololol
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options

1388265287624.jpg

There are always exceptions bust most jobs, corporate or mom and pop require a clean cut professional appearance and most will have you cover your tattoos. Many employers also look down on people with a lot of tattoos whether it's fair or not it happens everyday. Some people are paid less and have less opportunity for advancement because of "certain appearances". Life is hard enough without you getting in your own way before you even know any better.

2j33dky.jpg
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Tattoo. No regrets here. Just don't get YOLO or anything trending right now, because in 20 years it wont be trendy and just look silly.