Post if you have lost weight just by watching calories

Options
Lost steady weight just by watching your caloric intake? Tell us your avg caloric intake!

Replies

• ReadyMom
    Options
    I have been here 7 weeks and just started exercising the last week as I had a broken toe. Lost the first 12 lbs with no exercise. I eat between 1400-1700 a day (my limit is set at 1820).
  • jgm8land
    Options
    1600 calories per day, but I have tried calorie cycling which is more some days and less some days, just 11,200 per week.
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    I did LA Weight Loss from May of 2005 to December of 2006 and never went to a gym. I lost 50+ pounds. I have a sedentary full-time day job (the same one I had back them, I still have). The only difference now is: I'm no longer in college and working--I graduated in May of 2006--now I'm just working; and I have a 3 year old at home.

It can be done, but it was SOO hard. There were MONTHS that I didn't lose. I didn't gain, but I didn't lose either. I was stressed out the last semester of school. Once that last semester was over, the weight came of religiously ever week...
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I have before, but lost it a lot quicker with exercise
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have. But it's harder. My goal is 1200 calories, but more often I am 1400-1600. Still, it's less than I was eating before watching calories. I broke my tailbone and hardly lost, but didn't gain with about the calories I mentioned.
  • free2bjoy
    free2bjoy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been losing weight without exercise. I try to have varying calorie intake so it's higher one day and then lower the next. I have a average between 700 and 950 calories a day.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I did it in 01 with Weight Watchers. Lost 105 pounds. This time I'm exercising and it's going slower but I've just now decided I'm not eating enough. I've been keeping it at 900 calories a day (I KNOW _- HUSH) thinking more was better. It wasn't.
  • supernovadark
    Options
    All the weight I've lost here so far is just by counting calories.

I'm bigger than most, so this has a lot to do with it. I'm alotted 1770 a day, and I try to flounder right around that number. One thing I DO try to do, though, (and I don't know that this has anything to do with it) is make my calories count. When I can (or want to) I try to make it so that the foods I eat bring fiber, protein, calcium, and other needed things into my body along with the calories.

Baby steps... As soon as I hit 10, I'll get my butt in gear and start working out. Hopefully by next week!
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    27.5 pounds in 65 days, slowing now, the first 10 is water of course, but averaging .3 per day, sedentary, first month 1200 cal/day dropping slowly to now 886 calories per day, no exercise really, getting another glass of water or going to wee is about my only workout, byt the way every 885 calorie is nutritious and full of fiber, I am not really hungry and I am a big eater
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight 1 other time in my life and I did it without exercise and not really paying attention to healthy eating except to count carbs of any kind. This time I included exercise along with healthy eating and it is slow going. 6 years ago dropped 35 lbs in 6 months. This go around 8 months into it and only 10lbs. Actually 3lbs in reality because I gained 7lbs after I started.

I really do believe what is going on in your body makes a difference. Something is going on but I can't finger it! I know one thing, I have kept going without stopping and it IS coming off, just extremely slow!!!!!! I recommend staying the course of eating right and exercising even if you are not loosing weight the way you want, otherwise you'll never see results
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Up until the last 3 weeks I was just calorie counting, but now I'm so close to my goal I'm getting impatient so I've started exercising too. But the first 25lbs was all down to the calories.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    It can be done most certainly! My FIL lost 20 pounds with weight watchers and he doesn't exercise. He doesn't even do WW anymore though due to not caring anymore. LOL

I love exercising though. Makes me feel great and helps me lose weight faster.
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    I used to go to weight watchers and lost 63lbs in 10 1/2 months just dieting alone. Now that I am exercising and counting calories the weight is just not coming off!
  • kelanne21
    Options
    lost the majority of my 24 lbs but just watching calories, im allowed 1200 daily.
    i started this journey end of january after gaining 20 lbs during my freshman 15 time period. since then i have maybe gone to the gym 20 times tops. and gone for a few runs, and done a few yoga sessions.. but all in all its mostly just watching calories.