Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Will it be really bad if I skip 1 day of exercise?

I normally do Insanity, walking, cycling, and 30 day shred daily, but I didn't sleep enough last night and I don't feel up to doing Insanity and 30 day shred. Will it have negative ramifications if I skip working out for 1 day? The reason why I'm concerned is that I have been doing both of those workouts plus another workout daily for 1.5 months, eating moderately and healthy, AND my weight has stayed exactly the same. So I feel like, if I'm already this big with all that exercise, imagine what will happen if I skip one day. Does anyone have any experience with this? Does 1 day of not exercising cause You to gain weight? And I'm not talking about people who are successful at losing weight, but someone who just can't lose a pound to save their life.

Replies

• uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    No.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    No.

^This.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    No
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    did you ever find out if there really is a laundry thief in your apartments laundry room?
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Honestly, if you want to lose weight why aren't you focusing more on calories instead of exercise? It is perfectly fine to sit on your duff now and then as long as you are eating at a deficit. Sounds to me like you are wearing yourself out yet not losing.

Do you have a daily calorie goal that you meet every day?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    did you ever find out if there really is a laundry thief in your apartments laundry room?

Yes, inquiring minds....
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Honestly, if you want to lose weight why aren't you focusing more on calories instead of exercise? It is perfectly fine to sit on your duff now and then as long as you are eating at a deficit. Sounds to me like you are wearing yourself out yet not losing.

Do you have a daily calorie goal that you meet every day?

Ditto. You can exercise 24/7 and not lose and ounce if you eat back all the calories you burn. It's all about your diet and how many calories you eat versus how many you burn. Weigh and log everything you eat, don't guess at it and don't overestimate the exercise you do. Be honest and consistent with your log and you will lose 1 pound for every 3500 calories you are in deficit like clockwork.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Not bad at all... so long as the next day, you wear some Versace leggings to make up for the missed workout.
  • I definitely do have a large calorie deficit both with eating at a deficit AND exercising at least 1500 calories off per day. With that said, I do not believe the calorie deficit thing because it is not supported by scientific evidence that one can lose 1 pound every 3500 calories of deficit. Not every calories is equal and the calories in calories out is an oversimplification. There are many factors and how fat is stored is different based upon what You eat, genetics, etc.

It's possible that the girl was helping a friend do laundry.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    In reality, you probably need to give yourself a rest day every now and again. Going at it nonstop day after day is actually counter productive and makes me think you're likely over-training.

I also agree with the others on there that if you've been doing the same thing that long and you're not losing, maybe it's time to re-evaluate things? I have to think your nutrition is not right and from a workout perspective maybe you need to change things up there as well? Doing the same thing day after day leads to muscular adaptation and really slows progress.
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    You are doing it all wrong. Instead of doing Insanity, walking, cycling, and 30 day shred daily, you need to reverse that order and do 30 day shred, cycling, walking and Insanity daily and then the next day reverse the order and so on. I think you will find if you use this strategy you will confuse your muscles and finally lose weight.
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Few days back in another post eith body image issues you said you are 110 lbs with 5'4",and you want to lose another 10 lbs,it was going to bring down your BMI to an unhealthy low of 16.8.
    Now today your ticker is set to wanting a 26 lbs loss.
    Dear girl if you are not trolling,you need therapy first, and a healthy attitude and respect towards yourself.
    Coming to topic,a rest day usually helps.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    I definitely do have a large calorie deficit both with eating at a deficit AND exercising at least 1500 calories off per day. With that said, I do not believe the calorie deficit thing because it is not supported by scientific evidence that one can lose 1 pound every 3500 calories of deficit. Not every calories is equal and the calories in calories out is an oversimplification. There are many factors and how fat is stored is different based upon what You eat, genetics, etc.

A calorie may not be a calorie... but a Burberry trench coat is always a Burberry trench coat.
  • mycupyourcake
    I definitely do have a large calorie deficit both with eating at a deficit AND exercising at least 1500 calories off per day. With that said, I do not believe the calorie deficit thing because it is not supported by scientific evidence that one can lose 1 pound every 3500 calories of deficit. Not every calories is equal and the calories in calories out is an oversimplification. There are many factors and how fat is stored is different based upon what You eat, genetics, etc.

A calorie may not be a calorie... but a Burberry trench coat is always a Burberry trench coat.
    Unless you bought that Burberry trench coat off of ebay or in China Town.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    I skipped one day of exercise and ended up skipping 60 more. Then regained most of the weight I lost.
  • Mr_Bad_Example

Then at least people in your apartment wouldn't try to steal it from the laundry room.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    we're totally being leveled with this one.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Few days back in another post eith body image issues you said you are 110 lbs with 5'4",and you want to lose another 10 lbs,it was going to bring down your BMI to an unhealthy low of 16.8.
    Now today your ticker is set to wanting a 26 lbs loss.
    Dear girl if you are not trolling,you need therapy first, and a healthy attitude and respect towards yourself.
    Coming to topic,a rest day usually helps.

Hmm, that's concerning. If this is true OP, it sounds like you're looking for the kind of attention and support we can't provide you here. I urge you to seek professional help for your issues and wish you all the luck in the world.
  • mycupyourcake

Then at least people in your apartment wouldn't try to steal it from the laundry room.
    They might not know the difference.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    we're totally being leveled with this one.

This. :laugh: