FITNESS TEST - Push-ups!! POST YOUR RESULTS!!

Options
2»

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    The last time I tried this I got 27. If I do a pushup with my hands on a scale it indicates that I'm pressing right at 185 pounds. However, if I put 185 on a bar and try to bench press it I can't get anywhere close to 27 reps. You would think they would be basically the same, but they're not.

From my understanding doing push ups (properly) is similar to bench-pressing half your weight.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    The last time I tried this I got 27. If I do a pushup with my hands on a scale it indicates that I'm pressing right at 185 pounds. However, if I put 185 on a bar and try to bench press it I can't get anywhere close to 27 reps. You would think they would be basically the same, but they're not.

From my understanding doing push ups (properly) is similar to bench-pressing half your weight.

little more for a standard push up, about 60% for most people, but it's different for everyone, depends on where your weight is distributed, and how long your arms are (it's a fulcrum thing).
  • tookalook
    tookalook Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If ones from your knees count I did 30 .
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    okay week 2 of hundred push ups and did 54, 22 in one go - full proper press ups, it is building nicely!