Looking for motivation

Options
This is where all my troubles are, Motivation, how does one start? I suffer from depression and other mental disorders, but I don't want to be this way anymore. I weigh over 270 lbs, so close to 300 lbs it scares me. Everything hurts. I'll be 52 in Oct. and I don't want to weigh 270 lbs when my birthday comes around. So if there are ways to start your motivation going please share your ideas with me. Thanks

Replies

• tl_dr
    tl_dr Posts: 96
    Options
    My advice: don't wait to be motivated. Just start. The motivation will come as you see results and start to feel better.

When I waited to be motivated, I never ended up starting. My thought process was "I'm run down and stressed and tired and I don't feel motivated today. I'll just wait."

No, I had to DRAG myself to the gym when I did start. I'd whine about it all the way out the door to my boyfriend and drag my feet all the way there. I was not motivated when I started. I did not look forward to it. But I did it anyway.

I didn't start looking forward to working out until the pounds started dropping off, my clothes started fitting looser, and my aerobic capacity increased. My back pain disappeared, my resting heart rate went down, I began to actually look forward to waking up in the morning. It wasn't until I could see tangible results that I actually became excited for the next day to come so I could eat healthy and work hard and lose another number off the scale!

So yeah. Just start. :smile: It will be worth it.
  • django_girl
    django_girl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a big birthday present by losing 20lbs!
  • newlisa2014
    Options
    My advice: don't wait to be motivated. Just start. The motivation will come as you see results and start to feel better.

When I waited to be motivated, I never ended up starting. My thought process was "I'm run down and stressed and tired and I don't feel motivated today. I'll just wait."

No, I had to DRAG myself to the gym when I did start. I'd whine about it all the way out the door to my boyfriend and drag my feet all the way there. I was not motivated when I started. I did not look forward to it. But I did it anyway.

I didn't start looking forward to working out until the pounds started dropping off, my clothes started fitting looser, and my aerobic capacity increased. My back pain disappeared, my resting heart rate went down, I began to actually look forward to waking up in the morning. It wasn't until I could see tangible results that I actually became excited for the next day to come so I could eat healthy and work hard and lose another number off the scale!

Love this.......im just getting ready for work trying to find every excuse under the sun not to go to the gym for the first time but never thought to look at it as the motivation will increase as I go rather than waiting for it to peak before I start!!

Off to the gym I go!!!
  • tl_dr
    tl_dr Posts: 96
    Options

Love this.......im just getting ready for work trying to find every excuse under the sun not to go to the gym for the first time but never thought to look at it as the motivation will increase as I go rather than waiting for it to peak before I start!!

Off to the gym I go!!!

Break a leg! :heart: