Bag of chips

Options
Is it fine if i eat a whole bag of chips for 500 calories but still stay at a deficit? Will I still lose weight as I do now?

Replies

• krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if you can fit the bag of chips into your calories for the day, you'll still lose weight :)
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    As long as you keep the calories low, you can dip those chips in ranch dressing and still lose weigh. Not that I recommend that sort of thing on a health basis lol.
  • buket1819
    buket1819 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have just been craving chips, so I was wondering :)
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    For each thing you eat there are other things you could've eaten instead. If it gets you what you want, have at it.
  • buket1819
    buket1819 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Will it slow down my weight loss?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yep.
  • Fattackler2013
    Fattackler2013 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    No, it will not hurt to have a bag of chips or to eat anything 'unhealthy'. It's all about moderation, thinking about it sensibly so you';re not eating it too regularly and you're allowed to enjoy yourself from time to time. One day here and there will not hurt your progress, but if you exercise then you'll get better results which is obvious.
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    If it's every once in a while it's fine. I would recommend eating a smaller portion, because 500 calories is a lot for one snack. It's also high in sodium, so be careful if you eat stuff like that on a daily basis (can lead to heart or blood pressure issues in the future).
  • rkaid
    rkaid Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    One of those things, if imagining that bag of chips gets you through the 6 days of super clean eating so you can binge, i reckon do it.

I often have a binge meal on a weekend. Often something healthy, just a massive stomach splitting portion size, sometimes just something ridiculous; 3000 cals of macca's or what have you.

I find it does halt weight loss for a few days, make me feel bloated, give me gas etc but meh, im conscious that I may not loose my full kilo that week so whatever.

On the flip side, if don't, If i keep eating clean or just eating something crap, but stay under cal limit, i can maintain that sleepy, tired body feeling i get when i know iv been in a solid energy deficit for a few days and maybe drop 1.5kg that week.